Indian History Quiz Questions And Answers & Previous Year Question Papers For SSC CGL,UPSC,TNPSC
Dear Readers, Today We(ssc-ibps Team) Are Posting Indian History Quiz Questions And Answers & Previous Year Question Papers Questions Asked In Various Competative Exams Like(SSC CGL,RRB Railway,UPSC Civils,APPSC,UPPSC,KSPSC,TNPSC,TSPSC,MPPSC) Exams. We Hope These Indian History Quiz Questions And Answers & Previous Asked Questions Are Very Useful For Your Exam Revision & Your Success.
Indian History Quiz Questions And Answers & Previous Year Question Papers
1.Gandhiji Champaran Movement was for—
(a)The security of rights of Harijans
(b)Civil Disobedience Movement
(c)Maintaining the unity of Hindu Society
(d)Solving the problem of Indigo Workers
2. In Delhi congress Session on 14 June 1947, the resolution for India’s partition was passed. The session was presided over by:
(a) Rajendra Prasad
(b) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
(c) Acharya J. B. Kriplani
(d) Jawahar Lal Nehru
3.At which of the following Harappan sites has a supposed dockyard been found?
(d) Sotka Koli
4.The goal of the Lahore Congress (1929) was—
(a)Self government for India
(b)Federal government for India
(c)Complete Independence for India
(d)Local Self-government for India
5. Who declared, ‘Every blow that is hurled on my back will be a nail in the coffin of the British Empire’?
(a) Lala Lajpat Rai
(b) Bhagat Singh
(c) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(d) Chandra Sekhar Azad
6.Which of the following contains the famous Gayatrimantra?
(d) Aitareya Brahmana
7.The Muslim League first gave the call for a separate state of Pakistan in—
8. Who were directly related to the Poona Pact of 1932?
(a) Indian Women
(b) Indian Labour Class
(c) Indian Farmmers
(d) Indian Depressed Classes
9.Vardhamana Mahavira the 24th Tirthankar of Jainism was born at _________ and died at ________ .
(a) Vaishali and Rajagriha
(b) Kusinara and Pava
(c) Kundagrama and Pava
(d) Kashi and Champa
10.Gandhiji took up Dandi March as a Civil Disobedience Movement on—
(a) 31st December, 1929
(b) 26th January, 1930
(c) 12th March, 1930
(d) 6th April, 1930
11. Who is the author of the autobiography ‘The Indian Struggle’?
(a) Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
(b) Jawahar Lal Nehru
(c) Lala Lajpat Rai
(d) Subhash Chandra Bose
12. Megasthenes’ “Indica” deals with the history of the-
Ans : D
13.Who was the first person to observe Individual Satyagraha ?
(a) Vinoba Bhave
(b) Mahatma Gandhi
(c) Vallabh Bhai Patel
(d) Govind Ballabh Pant
14. ‘There is going to be a revolution here (in India) and we must get out quick’ who said it?
(a) Stafford cripps
(b) Lord Pethwic Lawrence
(c) Lord Wavell
(d) A. V. Alexander
15. Who, among the following rulers, organised the Second Buddhist Assembly?
16.Which of the following Acts was described by Jawahar Lal Nehru as ‘New Charter of Slavery’ ?
(a)Government of India Act, 1919
(b)Government of India Act, 1935
(c)Regulatting Act of 1773
(d)Pitt’s India Act of 1784
17. Who was nominated President of the Indian National Congress after the resignation of Subhash Chandra Bose?
(a) Abul Kalam Azad
(b) Rajendra Prasad
(c) Pattabhi Sitaramaiyya
(d) Vallabhbhai Patel
18. In ancient India, Nalanda University represented a great centre for the study of-
(d) None of the above
19.Who wrote ‘Unhappy India’ ?
(a) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(b) Lala Lajpat Rai
(c) Surendranath Banerjee
(d) Dadabhai Naoroji
20. Who was the Nationalist Leader to be elected as Speaker of Central Legislative Assembly in 1925?
(a) Motilal Nehru
(b) Vitthalbhai Patel
(c) Vallabhbhai Patel
(d) C. R. Das
21. The famous ruler of ancient India who is said to have been converted to Jainism, towards the end of his life, is-
22.Give the correct chronological order of the following events—
1.formation of Muslim League
2.formation of All India Untouchability League
3.formation of All India Trade Union Congress
4.formation of Indian National Congress
(a) 2 – 4 – 1 – 3 (b) 3 – 4 – 1 – 2
(c) 4 – 3 – 1 – 2 (d) 4 – 1 – 3 – 2
23. The first mass movement started by Mahatma Gandhi was—
(a) Non - Cooperation Movement
(b) Salt Movement
(c) Quit India Movement
(d) Indigo Movement
24.The term “Tirthankaras” is associated with:-
Ans : B
25.The Indian National Congress observed ‘Independence Day’ for the first time on 26th January in—
26. Who among the following Pakistani National was awarded ‘Bharat Ratna’ by the Indian Government?
(a) Liaquat Ali Khan
(b) M. A. Jinnah
(c) Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan
(d) Muhammad Iqbal
27.Madurai had been the capital of the-
Ans : D
28.When did Cabinet Mission arrive in India ?
29. During India’s struggle for independence who was the first to start ‘Satyagraha’?
(a) Sardar Patel
(b) Jawahar Lal Nehru
(c) Vinoba Bhave
(d) Mahatma Gandhi
30.To whom did the term ‘Macedonia’s madaman’ refer?
(d) Phillip II
Also Read: 1000+ Indian And World Geography Quiz
31. The province where the Indian National Congress could not get absolute majority during the general election of 1937 was:
32. The greatest Kushana ruler whose contribution to Buddhism was even greater than that of Ashoka was-
(b) Kanishka I
33. In which chronological order the following events took place?
1. Chauri – Chaura Episode
2. Jallianwala Bagh Massacre
3. Rowlatt Satyagraha
4. Champaran Satyagraha
(a) 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
(b) 2 - 3 - 4 - 1
(c) 4 - 3 - 2 - 1
(d) 3 - 2 - 4 – 1
Ans : C
34. Who among the following was the founder of the Nanda dynasty?
(a) Mahapadma Nanda
(b) Ashoka Nanda
(c) Dhana Nanda
(d) None of the above
35. The historic Dandi March is associated with—
(a) Boycott of elections
(b) Violation of Salt law
(c) Hindu Muslim Unity
(d) Abolition of Untouchability
36.In the Bronze Age Civilizations, which of the civilization covered the largest area?
(a) Indus Valley
37. Who among the following decided to launch the Independent Party on 16th December, 1922?
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
1. Lala Hardayal
2. Madan Mohan Malviya
3. Mohammad Ali Jinnah
4. Moti Lal Nehru
(a) 1 and 2
(b) 2 and 3
(c) 3 and 4
(d) 2 and 4
38. No trace of ___________ has been found in the Indus Valley Civilisation.
39. Which of the following statements are true about the Simon Commission?
Select the correct answer from the codes given below the statements:
1. It was appointed to enquire into the working of the 1919 Act.
2. It was headed by Sir John Simon.
3. It recommended a Federal form of Government.
4. It was opposed by the Indian leaders.
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 1, 2 and 3 only
(c) 2, 3 and 4 only
(d) All the above
40. The Indus Valley Civilisation specialized in:-
(a) Town Planning
(d) All of these
Indian History Quiz Questions And Answers & Previous Year Question Papers For SSC CGL,UPSC,TNPSC Reviewed by Arun Chowdary on 09:54:00 Rating: