1000+ Important Biology Questions & Biology Quiz For SSC CGL,RRB Railway,UPPSC, NDA
8 To10 Biology Questions Asked In Most Of The Competitive Exams Like SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, NDA,RRB Railway. So These Biology exam Quiz Will Help You To Get High Score In Your Exam. WE(ssc-ibps Team) Provide To You Quality science biology quiz's. Below You Can Get 80 biology Online test Links
1. Father of Human genetics is:
A. Gregor Mendel
B. Charles Darwin
C. Sir Archibald Garrod
D. H.G Khurana
2. Which of the following is/are not present in prokaryotic cell?
A. nuclear membrane
Not only the nuclear membrane absent, cell organelles like mitochondria, lysosomes, endoplasmic reticulum, chloroplast, nucleolus, etc are also not present in prokaryotic cells.
3. A character which is expressed in a hybrid is called
4. Mitochondria is absent in-
D. Green algae
An organelle found in large numbers in most cells, in which the biochemical processes of respiration and energy production occur. It has a double membrane, the inner part being folded inwards to form layers (cristae).
5. Part of molecule which deoxyribonucleic acid is named is the__.
6. Which of the following is the function of Leucoplast?
A. help in photo-synthesis
B. provide colour to the flowers and the fruits.
C. help in the storage of food
D. none of the above
It help in the storage of food.
7. The extra chromosome found in male insect is called...
8. Leucoplast found in mainly-
A. Cell of stem
B. Cells of root
C. Cells of leaf
D. Cells of flower
Leucoplast-> A colorless plastid in the cytoplasm of plant cells around which starch collects. a starch-storing colorless plastid in the cells of roots and underground or internal plant parts.
9. The inactivated X chromosome is referred to as a _____ body.
10. Which of the following is/are the types of cell division?
C. Both (A) and (B)
D. None of the above
the types of cell division:
11. Nucleotides made of?
A.nitrogenous base sugar, phosphate group
B.phosphate base sugar
12. Which of the following helps in the process of photosynthesis?
D. None of the above
Chloroplast helps in the process of photosynthesis.
13. Which phenomena can bring about variation in a clone?
A. Genetic engineering
D. Genetic drift
14. Which of the following is/are the function of Plasma membrane?
A. allows only selected substances to pass in and out of the cell
B. Protects cell from injury.
C. Maintains shape of cell.
All are the functions of plasma membrane.
15. The hereditary units are DNA molecules of certain lengths called
16. Centriole present in which of the following?
Small body lying above the nucleus in the animal cell, Consists of two small granules called centrioles.
17. Who proved the evidence of DNA as a genetic Material?
C. Gregor Mendel
18. The longest cell in human body is-
A. Liver cell
B. Nerve cell
C. Muscles cell
D. None of these
The longest cells are neurons (nerve cells) with a length of 90cm-100cm linking the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord) to other parts of the body.
19. Who was the first scientist to isolate DNA?
A. Weismann mishear
B. Watson and crick
C. Frederick Miescher
20. Which of the following is/are the non-living part of the cell?
D. Both (A) and (B)
Vacuoles and granules are the non-living part of the cell.
1000+ Important Biology Questions & Biology Quiz For SSC CGL,RRB Railway,UPPSC, NDA Reviewed by Arun Chowdary on 14:23:00 Rating: