Geography Online Quiz For SSC CGL,SSC CHSL,Railway RRB Ntpc Exams
1. The layer of water in the oceans and lakes that separates the warmer surface layer from the deeper colder layer is called?
2. The winter temperatures of north-western Europe are higher than house of Eastern Europe in the same latitudinal zone because?
A) It is on the western side of the continent
B) It is near the sea
C) It receives only light falls of snow
D) It lies under westerly winds which blow over the Gulf Stream drift
3. Coral reefs are formed by?
A) Volcanic rocks
B) Marine sediments
C) Chlorine material precipitated from sea water
D) Tiny colonial marine animals which construct limestone skeleton material
4. Which of the following is not an important condition for growth of coral?
A) Wave-free salt water
B) Clean salt water
C) Warm seas
D) Plenty of sunlight
5. The coral reefs are the marine counterparts of?
A) Temperate forests
B) Tropical rain forests
6. The Great Barrier Reef is?
A) Conglomeration of corals in Australian waters
B) Mountains range in Utah, USA
C) Salt hills of Afghanistan
D) Sub-oceanic mountain in South China Sea
7. Which one of the following is not a permanent lake?
A) Ox-bow lake
B) Playa lake
C) Caldera Lake
D) Cirque lake
8. The island of Seychelles are located in the?
A) Artic ocean
B) Atlantic ocean
C) India Ocean
D) Pacific ocean
9. Diego Garcia is in?
A) Arabian sea
B) Bay of Bengal
C) Indian Ocean
D) Gulf of Aden
10. Which one of the following countries does not border the Caspian sea?
D) TurkmenistanAnswer: A
Geography Online Quiz For SSC CGL,SSC CHSL,Railway RRB Ntpc Exams Reviewed by Mani Babu on 12:13:00 Rating: