Reasoning Quiz: Statement And Arguments For SBI PO,Clerk,SSC CGl Exams
Directions (Q. 1-10): Each question given below consists of a statement, followed by two arguments numbered I and II. You have to decide which of the arguments a ‘strong’ argument is and which a ‘weak’ argument is.
Give answer (A) if only argument I is strong;
(B) If only argument Ii is strong;
(C) If either I or II is strong:
(D) If neither I nor II is strong and
(E) If both I and II are strong.
1. Statement: Should agriculture in rural India be mechanized?
Arguments: I. Yes. It would lead to higher production.
II. No. Many villagers would be left unemployed.
2. Statement: Should girls learn arts like jodo and karate?
Arguments: I. Yes. It will enable them to defend themselves from rogues and ruffians.
II. No. They will lose their feminine grace.
3. Statement: Should the political parties be banned?
Arguments I. Yes. It is necessary to teach a lesson to the politicians.
II. No. It will lead to an end of democracy.
4. Statement: Should the educated unemployed youth be paid “unemployment allowance” by the Government?
Arguments: I. Yes. It will provide them some monetary help to either seek employment or to kickstart some ‘self-employment’ venture.
II. No. It will dampen their urge to do something to earn their livelihood and thus promote idleness among the unemployed youth.
5. Statement: Should foreign films be banned in India?
Arguments: I. Yes. They depict an alien culture which adversely affects our values.
II. No. Foreign films are of a high artistic standard.
6. Statement: Should all the practicing doctors be brought under Government control so that they get salary from the Government and treat patients free of cost?
Arguments I. No. How can any country do such an undemocratic thing?
II. Yes. Despite many problems, it will certainly help minimize, if not eradicate, unethical medical practices.
7. Statement: Should higher education be completely stopped for some time?
Arguments I. No. It will hamper the country’s future progress.
II. Yes. It will reduce the educated unemployment.
8. Statement: Should there be more than one High Courts in each state in India?
Arguments: I No This will be a sheer wastage of taxpayers’ money.
II. Yes. This will help reduce the backlog of cases pending for a very long time.
9. Statement: Are nuclear families better then joint families?
Arguments I. No. Joint families ensure security and also reduce the burden of work.
II. Yes. Nuclear families ensure greater freedom.
10. Statement: Should India give away Kashmir to Pakistan?
Arguments I. No. Kashmir is a beautiful state. It earns a lot of foreign exchange for India.
II. Yes. This would help settle conflicts.
9. E10. A
Reasoning Quiz: Statement And Arguments For SBI PO,Clerk,SSC CGl Exams Reviewed by Mani Babu on 13:02:00 Rating: