English Vocabulary Words ForSBI PO.SBI Clerk-2016,SSC CGL,CHSL Exams
1. Pallid (adj-Lacking color
E.g. The nurse was worried by the patient's pallid face and shallow breathing.
Synonyms: pale, wan
2. Pantomime (noun)-Telling a story through gestures
E.g. The jealous actress called her understudy's performance a ridiculous pantomime.
3. Parity (noun) -Equality
E.g. Hema, to avoid squabbles, aimed for parity in the slices of birthday cake.
Synonyms: sameness, equivalence
4. Pathos (noun) -Sympathetic pity
E.g. The soldiers cherished the kindly Nurse Nightingale for her pathos.
5. Penurious (adj) -Extremely stingy
E.g. Manish was most penurious, refusing to give even a penny to charity.
Synonyms: frugal, parsimonious
6. Perception (noun) -Capacity for seeing or understanding
E.g. His incredible perception made him the best detective on the force.
Synonyms: cognition, discernment
7. Periodic (adj) -Occurring at regular intervals
E.g. The periodic innterruptions of the cuckoo clock prevented Sanjana from concentrating.
Synonyms repeated, recurrent
8. Placebo (noun) -An inactive substance used in medical testing
E.g. Tom, who had taken the placebo, found that his allergy symptoms did not go away.
9. Plaudits (noun) -Enthusiastic approval
E.g. Anil's painting met with plaudits from the critics, who had dismissed her earlier work.
Synonyms: kudos, acclaim
10. Ploy (noun) -A contrived plan
E.g. Santosh thought Geeta's ploy of borrowing her notes was a cowardly way to ask her out.
English Vocabulary Words ForSBI PO.SBI Clerk-2016,SSC CGL,CHSL Exams Reviewed by Mani Babu on 11:43:00 Rating: