English Vocabulary Words For SBI PO,SBI Clerk- 2016 SSC CGL Exams
1. Meticulous (adj) -Extremely careful regarding details
E.g. The meticulous detective found every shred of evidence at the crime scene.
Synonyms: fastidious, painstaking
2. Moderate (adj) -Tending toward the average
E.g. The best-selling writer was disappointed; his new novel was only a moderate success.
Synonyms: medium, mediocre
3. Mundane (adj) -Practical, ordinary
E.g. The flighty Caroline could not be troubled with mundane tasks such as paying her bills.
Synonyms: commonplace, earthly
4. Naive (adj) -Lacking worldy wisdom
E.g. The naive Simon assumed that everyone was as simple and kind as he was.
Synonyms: artless, credulous
5. Negate (verb) -To make invalid
E.g. Paula negated Tiffany's argument by proving that her main premise was false.
Synonyms: neutralize, annul
6. Nurture (verb) -To further the development of
E.g. Our cat made a nest of blankets to nurture her newborn kittens.
Synonyms: foster, cultivate
7. Oblivious (adj) -Lacking awareness
E.g. Love-struck Charlie was oblivious to everyone but the object of his affection.
Synonyms: careless, heedless
8. Obnoxious (adj) -Highly offensive
E.g. The manager asked the obnoxious dinner to leave the restaurant.
Synonyms: objectionable, repugnant
9. Onset (noun) -Beginning
E.g. Crocuses bloom at the onset of spring, sometimes even before the snow melts.
Synonyms: start, commencement
10. Opportune (adj) -Suitable or convenient
E.g. Rahim stepped onto the platform at the most opportune time, just as the train pulled in.Synonyms: propitious, fortunate
English Vocabulary Words For SBI PO,SBI Clerk- 2016 SSC CGL Exams Reviewed by Mani Babu on 12:50:00 Rating: