English Vocabulary Words for SBI PO,SBI Clerk-2016 SSC CGL All Exams
1. Raucous (adj) -Noisy, rowdy
E.g. Seema, who preferred quiet conversation, left the rancous party.
2. Recrimination (noun) -A retaliatory accusation
E.g. Pankaj, who was wounded by Sangeeta's remark, made a bitter recrimination.
3. Redouble (verb) -To make twice as great
E.g. As the sun began to set, Shikha redoubled her effort to find the necklace she had dropped in the field.
Synonyms: intensify, strengthen
4. Refurbish (verb) -To brighten or freshen
E.g. Lucifer cleaned and mended all weekend to refurbish the shabby apartment.
Synonyms: renovate, renew
5. Regale (verb) -To amuse
E.g. My clever brother Brajesh regaled the dinner guests with tales of his adventures.
Synonyms: entertain, delight
6. Regurgitate (verb) -To pour out or throw back
E.g. The teacher wanted us to examine ideas rather than to regurgitate memorized facts.
Synonyms: spew, disgorge
7. Rehash (verb)-To discuss again
E.g. "Shanti," said her mother, "I am tired of rehashing this same topic over and over."
8. Repel (verb) -To resist, reject
E.g. The soldiers made a massive charge to repel the invaders.
Synonyms: repulse, rebuff
9. Repentant (adj) -Feeling regret
E.g. The repentant Pandit admitted to cheating on the test.
Synonyms: contrite, penitent
10. Retroactive (adj) -effective as of a prior time or condition
E.g. The retroactive law made even past infractions punishable.
English Vocabulary Words for SBI PO,SBI Clerk-2016 SSC CGL All Exams Reviewed by Mani Babu on 12:47:00 Rating: