English Vocabulary For SBI PO, SBI Clerk-2016 And All Exams
1. Incongruous (adj) : Not harmonious, incompatible
E.g.: Suresh's cowboy hat was incongruous with her black cocktail dress.
Synonyms: inappropriate, absurd
2. Incumbent (adj) oblilgatory
E.g.: It was incumbent on Jeevan to attend his father's retirement party.
3. Indecorous (adj) In bad taste
E.g.: My parents banned Ujjwal from our house because of his indecorous behavior at dinner.
Synonyms: vulgar, uncouth
4. Induce (verb) -To influence or cause
E.g.: The loud blast of the cannon induced an avalanche.
Synonyms: incite, spur
5. Inflammatory (adj)-Tending to excite anger
E.g.: Geeta's inflammatory remarks at the party made Rohan furious.
Synonyms: seditious, hostile
6. Insinuate (verb)-To suggest indirectly
Santosh, who did not like confrontation, insinuated that Gopal was lying.
Synonyms: imply, allude
7. Insolence (noun) -Boldness or rudeness
E.g.: The boy's insolence to the policeman embarrassed his mother.
Synonyms: impudence, impertinence
8. Interminable (adj) -Never ending, or seemingly endless
E.g.: The impatient Aman found the longwinded lecture interminable.
Synonyms: ceaseless, monotonous
9. Intricate (adj) -Having complex and interrelated parts
E.g.: The intricate poem baffled most readers with its numerous obscure metaphors.
Synonyms: complicated, convoluted
10. Inviolable (adj) -Secure from assault of trespass
E.g.: Situated on a mountain, with sixteen-foot walls, the castle was inviolable.Synonyms: untouchable, sacrosanct
English Vocabulary For SBI PO, SBI Clerk-2016 And All Exams Reviewed by Mani Babu on 13:01:00 Rating: