English Short Notes: Idiom and Phrases SBI PO SBI Clerk- 2016 SSC CGL 2016
Dear Readers, we are providing you idiom and phrases which is totally based on SBI PO- 2016, SBI Clerk- 2016, SSC CGL 2016, SSC CPO, SSC CHSL,RRB,Insurance Exams
1. White elephant - Very expensive but of no use.
2. Shoulder to Shoulder - Very fast friend or relative in difficult time.
3. Play Ducks and Drakes - To Waste money on worthless articles.
4. Mother Wit - Common sense.
5. Long in the Tooth - Old people (or horses).
6. In like Flynn - To be easily successful, especially when sexual or romantic.
7. High on the Hog - Living in Luxury.
8. Give Him The Slip - To get away from. To escape.
9. Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining – Be optimistic, even difficult times will lead to better days.
10. Dry Run - Rehearsal.
11. Buy A Lemon - To purchase a vehicle that constantly gives problems or stops running after you drive it.
12. Back Seat Driver - People who criticize from the sidelines, much like someone giving unwanted advice from the back seat of a vehicle to the driver.
13. A Doubting Thomas - A skeptic who needs physical or personal evidence in order to believe something.
14. A Dime A Dozen - Anything that is common and easy to get.
15. Charley Horse - Stiffness in the leg / a leg cramp.
English Short Notes: Improve Comprehension Skills .
English Short Notes: Idiom and Phrases SBI PO SBI Clerk- 2016 SSC CGL 2016 Reviewed by Mani Babu on 14:26:00 Rating: