Daily GK Updates 6th May 2016 Current Affairs 2016
1. Name of the world’s largest unmanned surface vessel?
Ans: Sea Hunter
United States of America (US) Navy has tested the world’s largest unmanned surface vessel named Sea Hunter in San Diego. It is a self-driving 132-foot ship able to travel up to 10000 nautical miles on its own to hunt for stealthy submarines and underwater mines. It is designed to travel thousands of miles out at sea without a single crew member on board.
2. Who is the incumbent Chief of the Naval Staff ?
Ans: R K Dhowan
3. ECB discontinues production issuance of 500 euro note in the which year?-
The 25-member governing council of European Central Bank (ECB) has announced that it will permanently stop producing the 500 euro banknote by the end of 2018. The 500-euro bill is being discontinued after criticism that the banknote had become a handy aid to money laundering.
4. Who is appointed as MCC President?
Ans: Matthew Fleming
Former England star all-rounder cricketer Matthew Fleming has been appointed as the next Marylebone Cricket Club(MCC) president. He was nominated by the current president Roger Knight at the AGM at Lord’s.
5. Who wins Ambassador of Conscience Award 2016?
Ans: Angelique Kidjo
Musician Angélique Kidjo and three African youth activist movements have been given Ambassador of Conscience Award 2016. Kidjo and groups Y’en a marre, le Balai Citoyen and Lutte pour le changement have shown exceptional courage.
6. Name of the agriculture project who has won WSIS 2016 prize?
The agriculture project Harita-Priya of Andhra Pradesh has won the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) 2016 prize in e-Agriculture category. The prize was announced in Geneva by International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Secretary-General Houlin Zhao. Harita-Priya stands for Harmonized Information of Agriculture, Revenue and Irrigation for a Transformation Agenda – Precision Technology for Agriculture.
7. Name of the country who will set to print its own version of the US dollar?
8. Name of the bank who launched a mobile-based payments solution “mVisa”?
Ans: State bank of India
9. Name the Indian author and professor who has won the commonwealth short story regional prize ?
Ans: Prashar Kulkarni
10. Name the country with which India has signed the agreement for Information communication
Ans: India and Qatar
11. Who is appointed as new Tihar Director-General ?
Ans: Sudhir Yadav
Some other Important Updates 6th May 2016 current affairs
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has launched the Google’s free Wi-Fi service facility through video conferencing from Rail Bhawan in New Delhi. Expanding the high speed Internet network facility, this Wi-Fi service at Vijayawada (in Andhra Pradesh), Kachiguda (in Hyderabad) and Raipur (in Chhattisgarh) stations.
Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has launched a web-based dashboard to provide an easy access to detailed trade data of the country. The dashboard will provide an accurate perspective to the general public on the facts around the trade performance in India.
Daily GK Updates 6th May 2016 Current Affairs 2016 Reviewed by Mani Babu on 17:14:00 Rating: