Daily GK Updates 4th May 2016 Current Affairs 2016
1. Who will head three-member panel to oversee the functions of the Medical Council of India?
Ans: RM Lodha
The Supreme Court of India (SC) has appointed a three-member panel headed by former Chief Justice of India (CJI) RM Lodha to oversee the functions of the Medical Council of India. The panel consists of former Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) Vinod Rai and Dr. SK Sareen.
2. First-ever World Humanitarian Summit will be held in ___?-
Around 80 countries may attend the first-ever World Humanitarian Summit in Istanbul (Turkey)this month to re-think how to confront global crises created by the Syrian Civil War.
The three-day gathering will seek to chart a course with new strategies to address humanitarian crises and the rising cost of aid efforts.
3. Mines and Minerals Amendment Bill, 2016 passed from?
Ans: Rajya Sabha
Parliament has passed Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Amendment Bill, 2016. The Bill amends the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Act, 1957. The amendment Bill was first passed in the Lok Sabha in March 2016 and later in the Rajya Sabha in May 2016.
4. Name of the city who tops the chart of on line learning in India?
5. Who ink MoU with Haryana and Punjab to plant trees along side Railway Track?
Ans: Indian Railways
6. who has won the World Championship title of Snooker 2016 ?
Ans: Mark Selby (England)
7. At Which place India will organize a cultural festival to mark the 155th birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore ?
8. Which country has topped in ICC T20I ranking ?
Ans: New Zealand
India is on 2nd place with 132 points.
9. The NSE is going to launch a new exchange platform for which segments?.
Ans: micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs).
The new exchange platform will be a joint venture of NSE and Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) and could be the first specialized exchange for micro SMEs. The platform would be known as 'Trades Exchange' as it' will be based on the Trade Receivables Discounting System (TReDS). The new platform will be operational by the end of this year.
10. Name the company which has tied up with Uber globally?
11. Name the app, launched by Railways Ministry for proper monitoring of projects ?
Ans: Project Management & Information System (PMIS).
12. who is going to launch a new portal for contract workers ?
Ans: Piyush Goyal
The Central Mine Planning and Development Institute (CMPDI), the consultancy arm of CIL, will maintain the portal. The system has also in-built mechanism to validate minimum wages paid, generate wage slips and employment cards, among others, for contract workers as required under the Act.
Some Other Important Updates 4th May 2016
The world's smallest engine has been created at Cambridge University by UK based researchers. The engine is fueled by lasers and gold and a few billionths of a metre in size, which uses lights to power the engine.
Jaipur-based Girnar Software Pvt. Ltd, which owns and operates online portals CarDekho.com, Gaadi.com and Zigwheels.com, has acquired Volob Technologies, a virtual reality start-up, in an all-cash deal.
Three Indian Scientist have been elected as the as Fellows of The Royal Society, a premier scientific academy of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth. Their names had appeared on the list of 50 new fellows and 10 new Foreign Members announced by the Royal Society.
An international team of scientists have discovered a trio of Earth-like exoplanets using the TRAPPIST telescope at ESO’s La Silla Observatory.
Seven Indian Ace shuttlers have made the cut for the Rio Olympics, the list includes two female singles players in Saina Nehwal and PV Sindhu, a male singles' player in Kidambi Srikanth, women's doubles pairing of Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa while Manu Attri and Sumeeth Reddy make up the male doubles team. The only event where India won’t have an entry is in the mixed doubles.
Daily GK Updates 4th May 2016 Current Affairs 2016 Reviewed by Mani Babu on 19:09:00 Rating: