Daily GK Updates 11th May 2016 Current Affairs 2016
1. What is the name of the world’s first holographic flexible smartphone?
Scientists from the Queen’s University of Canada have developed the world’s first holographic flexible smartphone named HoloFlex. The HoloFlex smartphone lets users to interact with 3D (Three dimensional) videos and images without using any headgear or glasses.
2. National Technology Day is Observed On Which Date?Ans: 11th May
Indians celebrate the National Technology Day every year on 11th May to commemorate India's technological advancements & expertise.
3. Who has been appointed as Additional Solicitor General?
Ans:- Atma Ram Nadkarni
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of Nadkarni as Additional Solicitor General in Supreme Court for a period of three years.
4. Name of the Suspended European Football Chief who has announced to resign as UEFA President?
Ans:- Michel Platini
The announcement came after he lost his appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport against a ban for ethics violations imposed by the sport’s world body, FIFA.
5. Which mystery will sign a pact with World Health Organization to spread significance of Ayurveda?
Ans: Ayush Ministry
6. What is the minimum paid up Capital for on tap license?
Ans: 350 Crore
7. Which Stater has won ‘Best Indian Destination for Wildlife’ Award?
Ans: Madhya Pradesh
8. What is the name of Indian Scientist who has been awarded a grant of Singapore Dollar 3 Million?
Ans: Manvendra Singh
9. Parliament Passes ------------------Bill in 2016.
Parliament has passed the Anti-Hijacking Bill, 2016 to widen ambit of law dealing with this anti-hijacking crime. Earlier, The Bill was passed in the Rajya Sabha and later in the Lok Sabha. Now the Bill will go for Presidential assent.
10. Name the country with which India has signed the revised tax treaty?
India and Mauritius has signed the protocol for amendment of a two-decade-old Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) between the two countries. After this India will get taxation rights on capital gains arising from sale of shares acquired on or after 1st April, 2017 in Indian companies. Earlier in 1983, India had signed a DTAA with the Mauritius and now an amendment to DTAC was signed in a bid to ensure that firms in Mauritius that invest in India are not just 'shell' companies who could earlier avoid paying capital gains tax in India.
11. Who is appointed as MD and CEO of Multi Commodity Exchange?
Ans: Mrugank Paranjape
12. World Migratory Bird Day has been observed across the world on ____.
Ans: 10 May
Some other Important Updates 11th May 2016
Indian Army had conducted major military training exercise ‘2016 Chakravyuh-II’ in Suratgarh, Rajasthan.
Validate battle readiness and operational effectiveness of the Pivot Formation and Rapid Division of Indian Army along with all its affiliated components.
India is planning to develop regional connectivity projects worth $5 billion in South Asia. The projects include road corridors connecting India with Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan through West Bengal and India-Myanmar through Manipur.
E commerce company, Amazon has launched its online video service, called Amazon Video Direct. This facility will facilitate the users by allowing to post clips on its website and earn through advertising, royalties and other sources. The service will make the content available to rent, own or view for free with ads.
Bangladesh government have hanged the fundamentalist Jamaat-e-Islami chief Motiur Rahman Nizami for war crimes committed during the country's 1971 Liberation War. He was 73 year old and hanged at Dhaka Central Jail.
The Union Government has constituted a 3 member committee to prepare a policy framework for taxi and other transport operators. The committee will be headed by Sanjay Mitra, Secretary of Union Ministry of Road Transport & Highways.
Daily GK Updates 11th May 2016 Current Affairs 2016 Reviewed by Mani Babu on 18:08:00 Rating: