Current Affairs Updates 26th May 2016 Daily Gk Updates
1. What is the targeted production of capital goods in 2025?
Ans:- 7.50 Crores
2. Which word will replace the existing word ‘Viklang’ in the Ministry of persons with disabilities?
3. Isalamic Development Bank will open its first branch in India in which city?
4. Which country has recently signed MoU with India for power development?
The Union Cabinet chaired by PM Modi has given ex-post facto approval to the MoU between Indian and Japan for promoting sustainable, stable and low-carbon thermal power development in India. The MoU will help India to address issues and barriers in promoting sustainable stable and low-carbon thermal power development.
5. Cabinet gives ex-post facto approval to the proposal for increasing in the FDI limit of which bank?
Ans:- Yes Bank
6. Burt K Wouk died recently. Who he was?
7. S.M. Seenivel died recently. Who he was?
8. Where is the headquarters of Isalamic Development bank?
9. Who has been appointed as the Principal Adviser for social sector in Niti Aayog?
Ans:- Ratan P Watal
Former finance secretary Ratan P Watal has been appointed as the Principle Adviser for social sector in Niti Aayog for a period of 3 years.
10. What is the strike range of Prithvi-II missile, which was successfully test-fired by India?
Ans:- 350 km
India has recently successfully test-fired indigenously developed nuclear capable Prithvi-II missile at Chandipur, Odisha. The short-range surface-to-surface missile has a strike range of 350 km and is capable of carrying 500 kg to 1,000 kg of warheads and is thrusted by liquid propulsion twin engines.
11. Name the web portal, which has launched by AYUSH ministry?
Ans:- website http://ayush.gov.in
Minister of State for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik has launched the new website of the Ministry of AYUSH and a web portal for International Day of Yoga (IDY) in New Delhi. The website http://ayush.gov.in has been developed as part of digital India programme, using content management framework (CMF) approach.
12. Which state has got the approval to set National Institute of Technology (NIIT)?
Ans:- Andhra Pradesh
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has granted ex-post facto approval for the establishment of NIT, Andhra Pradesh which has been registered as a Society under the Andhra Pradesh Societies Registration Act, 2001 with effect from 20th August 2015.
Some other Current Affairs updates 26th May 2016 Daily GK Updates
The World leaders begin two days of G7 talks in Japan with the deteriorating global economy, terrorism and refugees crisis, China's controversial maritime claims, and a possible Brexit headlining on top the agenda. Heads of state and government from the United States, Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Canada and host Japan are meeting in Ise Shima, a mountainous, sparsely populated area about 300 kilometres (200 miles) southwest of Tokyo.
The Government has enforced the decision of retirement fund body EPFO to almost double the maximum sum assured under its insurance scheme from 3.6 lakh to Rs 6 lakh for its 4 crore subscribers.
The Union Cabinet has waived off loans worth more than Rs 9,079 crore owed by Hindustan Fertilizer Corporation Ltd (HFCL) as part of a financial restructuring package for the PSU. Earlier in 2015, the Cabinet approved waiver of government of Rs 1,916.14 crore and the outstanding interest amount of Rs 7,163.35 crore have remained.
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the first ever policy for the country's capital goods sector envisaging creation of over 21 million new jobs by 2025. The objectives of the National Capital Goods Policy are to create an ecosystem for a globally competitive capital goods sector to achieve total production in excess of Rs 7.5 lakh crore by 2025 from the current Rs 2.3 lakh crore, and also to raise direct to increase direct domestic employment from the current 1.4 million to at least 5 million and indirect employment from the current 7 million to 25 million by 2025, thus providing additional employment to over 21 million people.
Current Affairs Updates 26th May 2016 Daily Gk Updates Reviewed by Mani Babu on 19:23:00 Rating: