Current Affairs Updates 21st May 2016 Daily GK Updates
1. Tasi Ing-wen has been sworn in as the new president of which country?
2. Which state has launched PEHAL Programme?
Ans: Himachal Pradesh
3. Who has been appointed as Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology Director?
Ans: Rakesh Kumar Mishra
A noted expert in the study of function of genes Rakesh Kumar Mishra has been appointed as the new Director of the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB) by the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR). He had joined CCMB in 2001 as a senior scientist after stints at the IISc, Bangalore, the University of Bordeaux, France, Saint Louise University, USA and the University of Geneva, Switzerland for post-doctoral experience.He is an MSc from Allahabad University.
4. Philp Abraham has been appointed as the Deputy Mayor of which city?
5. Diwaliben Bhil has died recently. Who she was?
Ans: Folk Singer
6. Name of the journalist who has been elected unanimously as the Deputy Mayor of Loughton town in the UK?
Indian journalist and Councillor Philip Abraham has been elected unanimously as the Deputy Mayor of Loughton town in the United Kingdom. Councillor Carol Davis, the newly-elected mayor presented the Deputy Mayor’s Badge to Philip Abraham.
7. Name of the countries joint research military team successfully tested a hypersonic technology in the Australian desert?
Ans: US-Australian military
A joint US-Australian military research team successfully tested a hypersonic technology in the Australian desert. Scramjet attached to a rocket booster was successfully sent to an altitude of 278 km at Mach 7.5 (seven times the speed of sound).
8. Which Country has signed a pact to avoid dual taxation with India?
9. Which Indian tourist sport is fifth best tourist spot in the world?
Ans: Taj Mahal
10. Intelligent Operation Center is inaugurated at which Place?
Ans: New Delhi
11. Which bank has registered highest ever quarterly loss in India?
Ans: Punjab National Bank
12. Which company has withdrawn its mutual fund joint venture with LIC of India?
Some Other Current Affairs Updates 21st May 2016 Daily GK Updates
A two day International Buddhist conference has begun in Nepal to celebrate the 2,560th birth anniversary of Lord Buddha. Around 1,200 delegates and observers from 28 countries around the world are attending the conference. The theme of the conference is “Lumbini, Nepal: the birth place of Lord Buddha and the fountain of Buddhism and world peace”.
Country’s second-largest two wheeler maker Honda Motors Scooter India (HMSI) has partnered with Mumbai based IndusInd Bank to cater retail finance to buyers.
Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare J P Nadda has launched the Centre for Environmental Health in New Delhi to assess the impact of environment-related problems on health. Its mandate is capacity-building, advocacy, outreach and remedial issues.
Current Affairs Updates 21st May 2016 Daily GK Updates Reviewed by Mani Babu on 19:21:00 Rating: