Weekly Current Affairs Quiz For SBI,LIC,IBPS,RRB,RBI,NABARD Exams
we are publishing "Weekly current Affairs Quiz (11th-April-2016 to 17-04-2016 )", This Quiz is based on daily current affairs and events, banking awareness, general and financial awareness,hope that this quiz is most important for every aspirant of upcoming banking jobs, govt jobs and recent SBI Clerk Recruitment Exam 2016, RBI Officer Exam, Insurance, LIC Exam, Indian Railway Recruitment (RRB) Exam, SSC exam and special for IBPS Bank PO, Bank Clerk, Bank SO (Specialist Officer) Exam etc. Read today quiz .
1. Recently who is appointed as Haryana Lokayukta?
Ans: NK Aggarwal
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar.
2. Former Union Minister of State who has passed away recently in Mizoram?
Ans: Mr. C Silvera
Mr. C Silvera Former Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare
3. Who has won Malaysian Open for 2016 ?
Ans: Lee Chong Wei
The Badminton player Lee Chong Wei is from Malaysia.
4. Recently which state announced to start plantation pro gramme in July?
Ans : UP
Name of the Program: ‘Green UP - Clean UP’ programme.
5. Which actress has been conferred with the Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation Award 2016 ?
Ans: Priyanka Chopra
Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation Award for the year 2015 : veteran film actor and director Manoj Kumar.
The Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation Award is organised by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
The First Dadasaheb Phalke award Winner : Devika Rani.
6. Pakistan Navy has successfully test-fired shore-based ____________ .
Pakistan Prime Minister - Nawaz Sharif.
Pakistan President - Mamnoon Hussian.
7. who has won the International Boxing Federation Title for the year 2016 ?
Ans: Anthony Joshua
8. Who is the Brand Ambassador of Skill India?
MSDE minister of state - Rajiv Pratap Rudy
MSDE - Ministry for skill development and entrepreneurship
9. Danny Willett is Famous In Which Field?
Danny Willett has won the US Masters Golf Championship for the year 2016 at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia.
10. Who has won the FBB Femina Miss India World 2016 ?
Ans: Priyadarshini Chatterjee
The Femina Miss India beauty pageant held in Mumbai.
11. Soni Chaurasiya Belongs To which Field?
Ans: Kathak Dancer
Soni Chaurasiya broke the record on Saturday at 9.21 pm at Mount Litera Zee School, Varanasi.
12. The 3rd Asia Ministerial conference on tiger conservation will be held at which place ?
Ans: New Delhi
13. India and Maldives have signed _____________ in different sectors to boost bilateral relations.
1.Double Taxation , 2. Exchange of Information 3. De fence Cooperation 4. Space Research 5. Tourism Cooperation 6. Conservation and Restoration
14. The annual meeting of G7 will be held in which country?
The seven countries of Japan, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy and Canada, along with the President of the European Council and the President of the European Commission.
15. who has been named as the brand ambassador of Premier futsal football league ?
Ans: Virat Kohli
Premier Futsal Chairman : Xavier Britto
The league is governed by the Futsal Association of India (FAI)
16. The Ukrainian Prime Minister, ----------------- announced his resignation?
Ans: Arseniy Yatsenyuk
Ukrainian President - Petro Poroshenko
Ukraine currency - Ukrainian hryvnia
17. Name the person who has been appointed as the CFO of Indus Towers ?
Ans: Mr. Hemant Kumar Ruia
18. Serena Williams belongs to which country?
Serena Williams kept her lead in the women's rankings.
1. Serena Williams (America)
2. Agnieszka Radwanska (Poland)
3. Angelique Kerber (Germany)
4. Garbine Muguruza (Spain)
5. Victoria Azarenka (Belarus)
19. Which teams have won the Asian Kho KhoChampionship Title ?
20. IMF has projected How much percentage of growth in 2016-17?
Ans: 7.5 %
International Monetary Fund (IMF) Managing Director: Christine Laggard
IMF Headquartered: Washington D.C.
21. UNICEF and _______University signed an MoU to empower the adolescents 10-19 years.
UNICEF - United Nations Children's Emergency Fund
UNICEF Headquartered: New York
22. Recently Who won the ‘Global Indian of the Year’ award?
Ans: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
Altogether 17 individuals were given the awards under different categories like — entrepreneur, professional, academics, arts & culture, philanthropy, special jury award, global icon of the year and India’s global icon award.
2015 the global Indian of the year award were conferred to Shah Rukh Khan.
The tennis player Sania Mirza has also honoured at the NRI of the year award 2016.
23. India and ____Agree 'in Principle' to UseEach Other's Military Assets Airbases for Logistic Purposes
Ans: United States
Full From of LEMOA: Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement.
24. India ranks ____ in 2016 Global Connectivity Index.
Global Analyst Summit 2016 Held in Shenzhen, China.
Full from of ICT is Information and Communications Technology.
25. Name the person who has been awarded with the highest French civilian honour?
Ans: Former Army Chief General JJ Singh
26. Who won the Saraswati Samman award 2015?
Ans: Jammu-born poet and novelist Padma Sachdev
The Saraswati Samman was instituted in 1991 by the K. K. Birla Foundation. It consists of Rs 10 lakh, a citation and a plaque.
Some of Padma Sachdev famous books are Tavi Te Chanhan (1976), Nheriyan Galiyan (1982), Pota Pota Nimbal (1987), Uttar Vahini (1992) and Tainthian (1992).
27. Which government has decided to change the name of the two cities recently?
The New Names of Gurgaon as Gurugram and Mewat as Nuh.
28. Recently which state launched ‘PoochhO Carpool app’?
Ans: Delhi government.
Delhi chief minister - arvind kejriwal
Delhi Transport Minister - Gopal Rai
29. Who is appointed as anti-corruption official in BSNL?
Ans: Deepak Kashyap.
Deepak Kashyap is a Railway service officer.
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (abbreviated BSNL) headquartered in New Delhi.
Minister of Communications and Information Technology - Ravi Shankar Prasad
30. SAWEN is a regional network comprises of ______ countries in South Asia.
Ans: 8 countries
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
Full From Of SAWEN: Statute of the South Asia Wildlife Enforcement Network.
31. India and ----------- signed a Agreement on Namami Gange Programme.
Minister of Water Resources of India - Uma Bharti
Support to National Urban Sanitation Policy (SNUSP)
The German contribution to the 2016-2018 project will be Rs.22.5 crore.
32. How many toilets will be constructed by TCS under Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyan?
Ans: 1,509 toilets.
TCS chief N Chandrasekaran.
Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyan Programme was launched in August 2014.
33. Who Launches "DEEP" E-Bidding & E-Reverse Auction Portal"?
Ans: Piyush Goyal.
DEEP Means Discovery of Efficient Electricity Price.
34. Recently which country join the membership of IMF?
Ans: Nauru (Tiny South Pacific island nation)
World Bank President - Jim Yong Kim.
World Bank Headquarters: Washington, D.C.
188 countries consisit of World bank According to IBRD.
International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD).
35. Which State has recently launched Mission Drinking Water?
Maharashtra Chief Ministeris Devendra Fadnavis.
36. Who is New chairman of IGNCA?
Ans: Ram Bahadur Rai
Ram Bahadur Rai is a veteran Hindi journalist.
IGNCA Full From Indira Gandhi National Center for the Arts.
37. Name the Campaign which recently launched by PM in Madhya pardesh?
Ans: Gramodaya se Bharatodaya Abhiyan (village self-governance)
This Program is Started on the occasion of the 125th birth anniversary of Dr BR Ambedkar.
38. New Chairman of NMA is?
Ans: Susmita Pande
Susmita Pande, a professor at Ujjain’s Vikram University.
Full from of NMA is National Monument Authority.
39. who is AIBA ambassador for Women’s World Championship?
Ans: Mary Kom
Mary Kom belongs to Manipur state.
40. Who is appointed as brand ambassadors of Andhra Pradesh tourism?
Ans: Ajay Devgn and his wife Kajol
Andhra Pradesh capital - Amaravati
Andhra Pradesh Governor - E.S.L. Narasimhan
Andhra Pradesh CM- Chandrababu Naidu
41. What is the new programe lanuched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi for Agriculture.
Ans: National Agriculture Market portal eNAM to connect e-mandis.
The States include Gujarat, Rajasthan, Jharkahnd, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
25 commodities including onion, potato, apple, wheat, pulses, coarse grains and cotton, have been identified for online trading.
42. Which country Is world's largest remittance recipient in 2015?
According to world bank report India retained its top spot in 2015, attracting about $69 billion in remittances, down from $70 billion in 2014.
43. Name the supercomputer which has recently been unveiled at NIT Sikkim ?
Ans: Param Kanchenjunga
The supercomputer Param Kanchenjunga lanuched by Sikkim Governor Shrinvas Patil at the NIT Sikkim campus at Ravangla in South Sikkim District.
It is jointly developed by Pune based Centre for Development of Advanced Computing 'C-DAC' and the NIT Sikkim. The total cost of the Supercomputer is around three crore rupees.
44. What is new name of Panagarh airbase?
Ans: Air Force Station Arjan Singh
It is located At West Bengal
45. Name The Recently Appointed as Prime Minister Of Ukraine?
Ans: Volodymyr Groysman
Ukraine Currency: hryvnia
Ukraine Capital : Kiev
Ukraine president - Petro Poroshenko
46. Maritime India Summit 2016 Held At?
Ans: Goregaon, Mumbai
PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated the two days Maritime India Summit 2016 from 14th April to 16 April, 2016. South Korea is the partner country for the summit
47. Free Wi-Fi service(Rail Tel) at Railway stations is provided by?
48. Who has been appointed as member of US cyber security body ?
Ans: Ajay Banga
49. Recently Which state Government launched Bhimrao Ambedkar Awas Yojana For Widows?
Chief Minister of Jharkhand - Raghubar Das.
The scheme has a target to build 11,000 houses for the current financial year with a budget allocation of Rs. 80 Crore.
50. Malick Sidibe has passed away recently He his Famous for Which Field?
Ans: Malian Photographer
Sidbe was known for his black and white studio portraits that captured the lives of young Malians in the 1960s and 1970s.
Malick Sidibe is belong to west African.
Mr. Sidibe has become the first African winner of the Golden Lion for lifetime achievement at the Venice Biennale in 2007 and also won a Hasselblad Award for photography.
Some Other Important Weekly Updates
FB, Twitter, Google Asked To Set Up IndiaServers
LAVA International Announces MS Dhoni As Its Brand Ambassador
Shan-e-Punjab Express becomes India's first train fitted with CCTV cameras
Tata starts U.K. steel sale
IIT-Kharagpur Wins Top Award For Patents
India's Shiv Shankar Prasad Chawrasia, who honoured as the Hilton Asian Tour Golfer of the Month for March 2016 in Sentosa, Singapore.
1st Delivery of Russian S-300 Air Defense System Arrives In Iran.
Federal Bank has tied up with Chillar Payment Solutions Pvt. Ltd. to promote the start-up’s technology product 'Campus Wallet'.
Health Ministry is planning to make prescription of generic medicines mandatory for doctors of all government hospitals. This was stated by Hansraj Gangaram Ahir, Minister of State for Chemicals and Fertilizers.
Golden Tobacco Ltd begins implementing 85% pictorial warning rule on its cigarette packs
Sushila Karki: First female Chief Justice of Nepal’s Supreme Court
Akash Missile System successfully test fired.
Unified Payments Interface Launched.
Centre Appoints Finance Secretary Ratan Wattal As liaison Officer With J&K.
MoU Between India And Bangladesh On Cooperation In The Field Of Fisheries.
UNICEF's Fairness for Children report card, released ranks Canada 26 out of 35 affluent nations.
CEO: Anthony Lake
Founders: Herbert Hoover, Maurice Pate
UNICEF - United Nations Children's Emergency Fund
OECD stands for Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.
PP Pandey, a senior IPS officer has been appointed as the in-charge director general of police (DGP) of Gujarat.
He has succeed Mr. P C Thakur, who was transferred to New Delhi.
Himachal Pradesh is celebrating 69th Himachal Day. On the occasion, a statelevel function would be held at Ghumarvin town in Bilaspur district.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh.
Weekly Current Affairs Quiz For SBI,LIC,IBPS,RRB,RBI,NABARD Exams Reviewed by Mani Babu on 20:35:00 Rating: