Weekly Current Affairs 18th April to 24th April Daily GK Updates
1. World Heritage Day was observed all over the world on?
Ans: 18 April
2. The world's largest Charkha is to be installed at which airport ?
Ans: Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi.
This Charkha is ready for dispatch from a unit of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) in Ahmadabad.
3. What is the name of the Indian Army Conducts Exercise in Rajasthan?
'Shatrujeet' in the deserts of Rajasthan near to the border of India and Pakistan.
4. who has won the 2016 Sultan Azlan Shah Cup ?
Ans:Australia (9th time ).
Final Match :: India VS Australia (Held in Ipoh, Malaysia).
Winner of 2015 Sultan Azlan Shah Cup is New Zealand.
5. Satyanand Munjal Passed Away he is belongs which Group of industry?
Ans: co-founder of Hero Cycles group.
headquarter of Hero Group : Ludhiana.
6. Dipa Karmakar belongs to which sport?
Dipa Karmakar the first Indian woman gymnast to qualify for Olympics(Rio-2016) Games.
7. Who won the 2016 Formula 1 Pirelli Chinese Grand Prix?
Ans: Nico Rosberg
he made a hat-trick by winning all three Grand Prix that were held in 2016.
8. Who has become the Gujarat’s first woman DGP?
Ans: Geetha Johri.
She also has the distinction of being the Gujarat's first woman IPS officer.
9. ………………..has been appointed chief selector of Pakistan.
Pakistan cricket board chairman - Shahryar Khan
10. India is likely to buy 145 M777 Howitzers for _______ to equip its Mountain Strike Corps.
Ans: US$ 750 MILLION
11. Which country est-Fires 'Iskander' Tactical Ballistic Missile?
Russian capital - Moscow
Russian Prime minister - Dmitry Medvedev
12. Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme was launched by whom?
Ans: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 22nd January 2015.
The WCD Minister Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi launches the Beti Bachao, Beti Padho scheme in additional 61 districts.
13. Laureus World Sports Award winners of this year?
Ans: Novak Djokovic (Men), Serena Williams (Women)
American golf star Jordan Spieth won the ‘Breakthrough of the Year’ award.
Laureus World Sports Awards, known as the Oscars of Sports.
14. Name the three countries which have finalized the draft for the Chabahar Agreement?
Ans: India, Afghanistan and Iran.
The first meeting of this trilateral agreement held in Tehran in September 2015.
The agreement was finalized at the 2nd meeting of experts from the three counties in New Delhi.
15. Name the organization which has planned to set up the two centres in Gujarat?
Ans: FICCI (Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry)
FICCI was established in 1983 and headquarter in Delhi.
The organization Chairperson Roopa Patel said that the company plans to setup the 'Mahila Hut' at Vadodara and Ahmedabad in Gujarat.
16. According to the report Indian advertising industry will grow by how much percentage?
Ans: 12 %.
India’s ad growth rate to gain steam next year with touching 13.9 % .
17. Who is New CEO of Tata steel?
Ans: Bimlendra Jha.
18. The 14th meeting of Foreign Minister of India, Russia and China was held at which place ?
Ans: Moscow, Russian Federation.
15th Trilateral Academic Conference to be held in India.
The External Affairs Minister of India 'Sushma Swaraj', Russian Foreign Minister 'Sergey Lavrov' and Minister of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China 'Wang Yi' have participated in the meeting.
19. Who is appointed as Additional Director General in the CRPF?
Ans: Mr. Deepak Mishra
CRPF Means - Central Reserve Police Force.
20. William Bill Campbell has passed away. Who is Willam Bill?
Ans: The Silicon Valley coach and mentor.
21. 2016 Pulitzer Prize Winners
A. The Pulitzer prizes was established in 1917.
B. The prizes are awarded yearly in twenty-one categories. In twenty of the categories, each winner receives a certificate and a US$10,000 cash award.
22. which has announced to invest in startups in the financial technology space ?
ICICI Bank CEO and MD : Chanda Kochhar
Chairman : M K Sharma.
23. Hindi Sevi Samman Awards:
The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee has presented the the Hindi Sevi Samman Awards for the years 2012, 2013 and 2014.
24. Name the American actress, who has passed away recently ?
Ans: Doris Roberts.
25. Who has been promoted to international outdoor umpire by the FIH?
Ans: Durga Thakur (India)
FIH means - International Hockey Federation.
Durga Thakur belongs to Himachal Pradesh.
26. Who appointed CEO of BCCI?
Ans: Rahul Johri
Full from of BCCI - Board of Control for Cricket in India.
27. How much amount allocates the Union govt. -------------to clean up polluted lakes in garden city.
Ans: Rs. 800 crore.
Union Environment Minister - Prakash Javadekar
garden city of india- Bangalore.
28. who is appointed as New lokayukta for Goa?
Ans: Justice P K Mishra.
Chief Minister of Goa- Laxmikant Parsekar
Governor of Goa - Mridula Sinha.
29. Union Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Science has inaugurated the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) in which state?
Nagaland Chief minister - T. R. Zeliang
Nagaland Capital - Kohima, Guwahati (Judiciary)
30. What is the rank of India on World Press Freedom Index 2016?
Ans: 133 out of 180 countries.
31. Name the private sector bank, which has opened a dedicated branch for startups ?
Ans: RBL Bank
The RBL Bank headquartered in : Kolhapur, Maharashtra.
Founded in : August 1943.
32. Which malayalm Actor to be nominated to Rajya Sabha member?
Ans: Suresh Gopi
He was also considered for the post of chairman of the National Film Development Corporation.
33. Who has appointed as Rubber Board chief?
Ans: A Ajith Kumar
34. which company has acquired the Cavendish industries for Rs. 2200 crore ?
Ans: JK Tyres.
Cavendish Industries is located in Laksar near to Haridwar in Uttarakhand.
JK Tyre & Industries Ltd headquarter : New Delhi, India.
35. Which Govt. decides to host International Yoga day 2016?
The first International Day of Yoga was observed world over by millions on June 21, 2015.
36. On which date We Observed Earth Day?
Ans: April 22
37. Which city will host YOGA day 2016?
38. Name the diplomat, who has honored by the Cyprus?
Ans: Amitav Banerji
Cyprus President: Nicos Anastasiades
Cyprus Capital: Nicosia
39. According to FDI Intelligence Report India has replaced which country as top destination for FDI?
There was an 8% increase in project numbers to 697, according to FDI Intelligence, a division of The Financial Times.
40. Who has been appointed executive chairman of the Centrum Group?
Ans: Jaspal Bindra.
Founder of Centrum Group - Chandir Gidwani
Executive Director of Centrum Capital group - K Sandeep Nayak.
41.Government aims to remove poverty by ------------------ Year
42. What is the new name given to department of disinvestment?
43. Which has become the world’s first region to element malaria completely?
44. Name the Pop superstar who has passed away recently?
Ans: Prince Rogers Nelson
He won seven Grammy Awards, a Golden Globe and earned 30 nominations. He also won an Oscar for the song score "Purple Rain".
45. who has conferred with the French top honor?
Ans: Tara Gandhi Bhattacharjee.
Tara Gandhi Bhattacharjee Is Mahatma Gandhi’s granddaughter.
46. Between which two Asian countries agree for peaceful negotiations to settle border issue?
Ans: India, China
47. International Day of the Book is observed on which date?
Ans: April 23
48. Union cabinet accorded the nod Indian Institute of Science Education and Research to function from a Temporary campus in which city of Andhra Pradesh?
IISER means Indian Institute of Science Education and Research
49. Who is the Chadian President?
Ans: Idriss Deby (5th time)
Chad Capital - N'Djamena
Chad Currency - Central African CFA franc
50. Indian shooter ----------------finished sixth in the men's 50m pistol event in ISSF World Cup.
Ans: Jitu Rai
ISSF stands for lnternational Shooting Sport Federation.
ISSF Headquarters - Munich, Germany
ISSF President - Olegario Vazquez Rana
Some other current affairs updates this week 18th April 2016 to 24th April-2016
Google And RailTel Launched Free WiFi Service At Bhubaneswar Railway Station.
With this Bhubaneswar railway station became the 2nd station to be covered under the Google and RailTel Wi-Fi project. (1st Mumbai Central).
Rangana Herath announces limited-overs retirement.
National airports operator AAI is expected to report an all-time high revenue of Rs10,000 crore, with an estimated flat profit growth in the fiscal ended March 31 this year.
Indian Railway on for the first time used an unmanned air vehicles or drones to inspect the ongoing work on the Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) project.
Continuing the deflationary trend for 17th month, WPI inflation was at (—) 0.85 per cent in March but may inch up gradually in the coming months on growing pressure on food and vegetable prices. Wholesale Price Index-based inflation rate in March was marginally higher at (—)0.91 per cent in February. In March last year, it was (—)2.33%.
Minister of State for Culture and Tourism Dr. Mahesh Sharma released a memorial Coin of Rs. 200/- and a Circulation Coin of Rs. 10/- on Tatya Tope on the occasion of his Martyr Day in New Delhi.
One of the most outstanding leaders of India’s First War of Independence, Tatya Tope was a patriot of the highest order. He was captured by the British Forces on 07 April, 1859 and after a hurried trial for waging war against the East India Company, he was hanged to death on 18 April 1859 at Shivpuri, Madhya Pradesh.
Indian Navy to grant permanent commission to women, allow lady officers aboard warships.
Union Government renames Department of Disinvestment as DIPAM
The International Cricket Council (ICC) and Emirates have renewed a deal for an additional seven years which sees the Dubai-based airline become a global partner for all events from 2016-2023.
The government of India has merged ‘Rajiv Gandhi Khel Abhiyan Yojana’, ‘Urban Sports Infrastructure Scheme (USIS)’ and ‘National Sports Talent Search Scheme (NSTSS)’ with ‘Khelo India’.
Simhastha Kumbh Mela 2016 begins in Ujjain
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on May 1 will launch Rs. 8,000 crore scheme to provide 5 crore free LPG connections to Below Poverty Line (BPL) families using the money saved from 1.13 crore cooking gas users voluntarily giving up their subsidies.
The Government of India approved assistance of Rs 842.7 crore for Karnataka, Puducherry and Arunachal Pradesh, which have been affected by drought or floods.
the Union Road Transport and Highways Ministry has taken a decision to terminate three highway projects worth over Rs. 3,000 crores
Weekly Current Affairs 18th April to 24th April Daily GK Updates Reviewed by Mani Babu on 17:40:00 Rating: