SSC CGL - 2016 Model Practice Test - 9
1. Three candidates contested an election and received 1136, 7636 and 11628 votes respectively. What percentage of the total votes did the winning candidate get?
2. Helen went to the stationers and bought things worth Euro 25, out of which 30 paise went on sales tax on taxable purchases. If the tax rate was 6%, then what was the cost of the tax free items?
A. Euro 15
B. Euro 15.7
C. Euro 19.7
D. Euro 20
3.The population of a town increased from 1,75,000 to 2,62,500 in a decade. The average percent increase of population per year is:
4. A man goes uphill with an average speed of 35 km/hr and comes down with an average speed of 45 km/hr. The distance travelled in both the cases being the same, the average speed for the entire journey is :
A. 38.38 km/hr
B. 39.38 km/hr
C. 40 km/hr
D. None of these
5. A man walking at 3 km/hr crosses a square field diagonally in 2 min. The area of the field is :
A. 2500 m2
B. 3000 m2
C. 5000 m2
D. 6000 m2
6. A certain distance is covered at a certain speeD. If half of this distance is covered in double the time, the ratio of the two speeds is :
A. 4 : 1
B. 1 : 4
C. 2 : 1
D. 1 : 2
7. If a boy takes as much time in running 10 m as a car takes in covering 25 m, the distance covered by the boy during the time the car covers 1 km. is :
A. 400 m
B. 40 m
C. 250 m
D. 650 m
8. The ratio between the rates of walking of P and Q is 2 : 3. If the time taken by Q to cover a certain distance is 36 minutes, the time taken by P to cover that much distance is :
A. 24 min
B. 54 min
C. 48 min
D. 21.6 min
Answers With Explanations
1. A Total number of votes polled = (1136 + 7636 + 11628) = 20400.
Required percentage = (11628/20400 x 100)% = 57%.
Explanation: Let the amount taxable purchases be Euro x.
Then, 6% of x = 30/100
x = (30/100 x 100/6) = 5.
Cost of tax free items = Euro [25 - (5 + 0.30)] = Euro 19.70
Increase in 10 years = (262500 - 175000) = 87500.
Increase% = (87500/175000 x 100)% = 50%.
Required average = (50/10)% = 5%.
Average speed = (2×35×45/35+45) km/hr = 39/38 km/hr.
Speed = (3×58) m/sec = (56) m/sec.
Distance covered in (2×60)seC. = (56×2×60)m=100m
Length of diagonal = 100 m
So, area = 12×(diagonal)2 = (12×100×100)m2 = 5000m2
Let x km be covered in y hrs. Then,
Ist speed = (xy) km/hr.
2nd speed = (x2÷2y)km/hr = (x4y) km/hr
Ratio of speed = xy:x4y=1:14=4:1
25 : 10 :: 1000 : x or x = 10×100025 = 400 m
Ratio of times taken = 12:13
12:13 = x : 36 or 12×36:13×x?18=13×x or x = 54 min.
General Knowledge Questions
1. Invisible export mean export of?
B) Prohibited goods
C) Unrecorded good
D) Goods through smuggling
2. Free trade zone is one?
A) Where trade is done without restriction
B) Where any entrepreneur is free to start industries
C) Where infrastructural facilities were provided free to entrepreneurs by the government
D)Where industries are free from excise duties and produce for exports
3. The polarizationof electromagnetic wave is in?
A) The direction of electric and magnetic field
B) The direction of electric field
C) The direction of magnetic field
D) None of the above
4. Ultra violet hight of sun’s radiation is prevented from reaching the earath’s atmosphere by the layrer of?
5.Electromagnetic waves are produced by?
A) An accelerating charge
B) A static charge
C) Chargeless particle
6.What is the scientific name of national animal-tiger-of india?
A) Pantheral leo
B) Panther tigris
C) Elephas indicus
D) Bos domesticus
7. When was jana-gana-mana(which later became national anthem of india) first sung and where?
A) 24th January, 1950 in Allahabad
B) 24th January,1950 in delhi
C) 26th decemeber 1942 in Calcutta
D) 27th December 1911 in Calcutta
8.The government of india has decided to declare which of the following rivers a national river?
9. Water softening by clarke’s process uses?
A) Potash alum
B) Calcium bicarbonate
C) Calcium hydroxide
D) Sodium bicarbonate
10. The colour of hydrogen is?
Reasoning Ability Questions
1. Look at this series: 9, 15, 9, 22, 9, . . . What number should come next?
2. Look at this series: 2.4, 3.7, 4.9, 6.0, . . . What number should come next?
3. Find the odd one out
4. Find the odd one out
5. Eye : Cataract :: Skin : ?
6. Vitamin A : Carrot :: Vitamin C : ?
7. ACF : GIL :: MOR : ?
8. 32 : 66 :: 134 : ?
This is a simple addition series with a random number, 9, interpolated as every other number. In the series, 7 is added to each number except 9, to arrive at the next number.
In this addition series,first number is increased by 1.3 then
Except diaganol all others are part of circles
Except sword all other uses Gunpowder
5(C)Eczema.cataract is the disease of eye,Eczema is the disease of skin.
SSC CGL - 2016 Model Practice Test - 9 Reviewed by Mani Babu on 20:36:00 Rating: