SSC CGL - 2016 Model Practice Set- 7
1. A man gains 20% by selling an article for a certain price. If he sells it at double the price, the percentage of profit will be:
2. There are Rs. 225 consisting of one rupee, 50 paise and 25 paise coins. The ratio of their numbers in that order is 8 : 5 : 3. The number of one-rupee coins is:
3. A sum of money lent out at simple interest amounts to Rs. 720 after 2 years and to Rs. 1020 after a further period of 5 years. The sum is:
A) Rs. 500
B) Rs. 600
C) Rs. 700
D) Rs. 710
4. Let N be the greatest number that will divide 1305, 4665 and 6905 leaving the same remainder in each case. Then, sum of the digits in N is:
5. A man plants 5184 orange trees in his garden and arranges them, so that there are as many rows as there are orange trees in a row. How many rows are there in the garden?
1. The disease hydrophobia is caused due to?
2. Which one of following contains no enzyme?
3. Which fuel has the maximum calorific value?
4. The calorific value of fat is?
A) Less than that of carbohydrated and protein
B) Less than that of protein but more than carbohydrates
C) Less than that of carbohydrate but more than that of protein
D) More than that of carbohydrate and protein
5. Major coalfields of india are located in the river valley of?
6. In india, the state known for its sandalwood is?
D) West bengal
7. Salinity in ocean water decreases when?
A) Evaporation is more
B) Wind velocity is high
C) Rainfall is heavy
D) Humidity is high
8. When water freeze in the polar seas the salts?
A) Form a layer on top
B) Remain in the substance water that does not freeze
C) Sink to the bottom
D) Partly freeze and partly sink to the bottom
9. Which among the following is the oldest dynasty?
10. What do the painting of ajanta depict?
“Science cannot reduce the magic of a sunset to arithmetic, nor can it express friendship with a formula" observed the eminent medical researcher, Dr. Lous Orr. He added, "also beyond sciences mastery of nature are love and laughter, pain and loneliness and insights into truth and beauty”. This distancing of science from the human condition perhaps explains why most foreign tourists visiting Britain flock predictably to see the hallowed homes of playwrights, writers and poets, but choose to ignore the habitations where its eminent scientists lived and worked.
1. Why is it that science cannot express friendship with a formula?
(a) Science and friendship cannot co-exist
(b) It is abstract term which cannot be grappled by science
(c) Friendship is beyond science‘s mastery
(d) Friendship is unknown to scientists
2. The word “magic” refers to.
(a) evening dusk
(b) the sunrise
(c) solar and lunar eclipse
(d) setting of the sun, with all its beauty
3. Which of the following are beyond science’s reach, according to the passage?
(a) Love and laughter, pain and loneliness
(b) Derivation of a formula
(c) Complexity of time and tide
(d) Work of the mind
4. The verb ‘ﬂock’ refers to ___.
(a) tourists in Britain
(b) local people
(c) large number of foreign tourists visiting homes of play wrights, writers, poets
(d) Indian tourists.
5. Why according to the author do tourists prefer to visit hallowed homes of playwright’s writer and poets rather than visiting the habitation of eminent scientists?
(a) The houses of playwright and writers are well-decorated and are full of splendor
(b) Science cannot explain human emotions hence people have a soft corner for those who produce a splendid display of emotions in their work
(c) Scientists are loathsome
(d) Houses of scientists are untidy and not well-preserved'
1. Choose the correct alternative from given ones that will complete the series
30, 68, 130, 222, ?, 520, 738
2. Find out the number that does not belong to the group of numbers for lack of common property.
3. Ayush is 7 ranks ahead of Abhivav in a class of 39. If Abhivav's rank is seventeenth from the last, what is Ayush's rank from the start ?
4. From the given alternative words, select the one which cannot be formed using the letters of the given word :
5. Devendra is older by 4 years to Rajendra. After 16 years Devendra will be thrice his present age and Rajendra will be five times of his present age. How old would Rajendra be after 16 years ?
SSC CGL - 2016 Model Practice Set- 7 Reviewed by Mani Babu on 10:08:00 Rating: