SBI onlline model mock test paper-2016 practice set- 8
As you all know, next most important exam in banking is SBI clerk- 2016 which is going to held in month of May. We will start focusing on SBI Clerk & IBPS PO 2016 Exam. Thus, we are providing you Model Mock Test For SBI Clerk – 2016. This will help you to get a perfect score in the SBIClerk-2016 Exam.
1. If separate teams of four or six or eleven students are made from the students of a class, three students are left in each case. The smallest possible number of students in the class is
2. If 2x + 3y = 87 and 3x – 3y = 48, what is the value of x?
(D) None of these
3. The population of a city is 1500000. It increases by 10% during 1st yr, decreases by 20% in 2nd yr and increases by 30% in the 3rd yr. The population after 3 yr is ?
4. A, B and C undertake to complete a piece of work for Rs 1950. A works for 8 days, B for 9 days and C for 12 days to complete the work. If their daily wages are in the ratio of 3 : 5 : 4, what does C get?
5. If 100 men can do 100 jobs in 100 days, then 1 man can do 1 job in
(A) 1 day
(B) 100 days
(C) 50 days
(D) 10 days
6. A fruit seller buys mangoes at the rate of 15 for 12 and sells them at the rate of 15 per dozen. Find his gain percentage.
7. A motorist travels a distance of 10 km at a speed of 50 km/h in the onward journey and 60 km/h while returning. His average speed is
(A) 54 6/11 km/h
(B) 55 km/h
(C) 55 6/11 km/h
(D) 54 km/h
Answers With Explanation :-
After taking LCM of 4 , 6 , 11 = 132
The students left in each case = 3
Required number of students = 132 + 3 = 135
Initial population = 15,00000;
After first year increment of 10 %, population = 1500000 + 10/100 × 1500000 = 1650000
After second year decrement of 20%, population = 1650000 - 20/100 × 1650000 = 1320000
After increment of 30 % in third year = 1320000 + 30/100 × 1320000 = 1716000
Daily wages are in the ratio 3 : 4 : 5 , working days of A,B,C = 8,9 and 12 so the wages they get will be in ratio 24 : 45 : 48,
Share of C = 48/(24+45+48) × 1950 = Rs 800
use chain rule ; if 100 men will do one job in 100 days individually , so one man will do one job in 100 days .
C.P. of one mango = 12/15 = 80 paise ; S.P. of one mango = 15/12=Rs 1.25 ;
Gain = 45 paise , gain = 45/80 × 100 = 56.25 %
Average speed = (2x×y )/((x+y))=(2 × 50 × 60)/(50 + 60) = 600/11 = 54 6/11 km/hr
Reasoning (Statements and Assumption)
Directions(1-8) : In each question below a statement (or a passage) is followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. An assumption is something supposed or taken in for granted. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and then decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement. Give answer:
(a) if only assumption I is implicit.
(b) if only assumption II is implicit.
(c) if either assumption I or assumption II is implicit.
(d) if neither of the assumptions is implicit.
(e) if both the assumptions are implicit.
1. Statement : A sentence in the letter to candidates called for written examination - 'You have to bear your expenses on travel etc.
I. If not clarified all the candidates may claim reimbursement of expenses.
II. Many organisations reimburse expenses on travel to candidates called for written examination.
2. Statement : It is through participative management policy alone that indiscipline in our industries can be contained and quality of life ensured to the workers.
I. Quality of life in our industry is better.
II. Indiscipline results in poor quality of life.
3. Statement :Many people have expressed surprise as the princes has broken the royal tradition of marriage by choosing a commoner as her life partner.
I. People expect royal families to observe customs and traditions.
II. People still value purity of royal blood and status when it comes to a marriage of members of royal family.
4. Statement : The chairman and secretary of the housing society have requested society members to use water economically to help society to save on water-tax.
I. Majority of members of the society are likely to follow the request.
II. It is desirable to reduce expenditure whenever possible.
5. Statement : The economic prosperity of any nation is dependent on the quality of its human resources.
I. It is possible to measure the quality of human resources of a nation.
II. Achieving economic prosperity is a cherished goal of every nation.
6. Statement : The campaign of keep your city clean started by the civic council did not evoke any response from the citizen.
I. People do not desire to keep their city clean.
II. The civic council has failed in its campign.
7. Statement : The private bus services in the city has virtually collapsed because of the on going strike of its employees.
I. Going on strike has become the right of every employee.
II. People no more require the services of private bus operators.
8. Statement : The new scheme gives people the opportunity to voluntarily declare their disclosed property and legitimize it by paying the lowest ever rate of tax.
I. The new scheme is much better than the earlier scheme.
II. People may desire to pay less tax and own things legimately.
Answers with Explanation
1.(e) It is clearly mentioned in the call letter itself in order to avoid a situation in which the candidates demand for their travelling expenses. So assumption I is implicit. Special mentioning of the fact means that some companies do reimburse the travel expenses.
2.(d) Clearly assumption I is not implicit. Indiscipline in industry and poor quality of life for worker are the two problems pointed at in the statement. But it-is not mentioned that one is the cause of other. So assumption II is also not implicit.
3. (e) As the people surprise the fact that the princes has married a commoner , i.e, a person not of her status and 'not' of royal blood' suggest that assumptions I and II are implicit.
4. (e) When a notice is issued it is expected that the people for which it is issued will pay attention to it. Also the theme of the statement is desirable. Here the theme is reduction of tax, which can be constructed as reduction in expenditure. Hence, the required answer is 5.
5. (a) Since the statement itself says that economic prosperity is measured by the quality of its human resources, we can say that assumption I is implicit. However, assumption II leaves much to be desired for.
6. (b) The people were not enthused by the campaign does not imply that people do not want to keep their city clean. Thus assumption I is not implicit. Also the main notice. Of the campaign was to involve as many citizens as possible to keep the city clean but it failed to achieve its stipulated target. Thus assumption II is implicit.
7.(d) Assumption I is not at all related to the statement just because private bus operators have gone on strike does not mean that every employee has a right to go for strike (even though it may be true legally, but it is not relevant in this statement). Assumption II is totally irrelevant, hence both the assumptions are not implicit.
8.(b) Since nothing has been said about the earlier scheme or law so we cannot say about the efficiency of the new scheme. Thus assumption I is not implicit. The highlight of the scheme is that people may retain their property by paying lowest ever rate of tax. Thus it can be safely assumed that people desire to pay less tax and own things legally. Thus assumption II is implicit. Hence the required answer is b.
Directions(1-5) : Rearrange the following seven sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F) and (G) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.
A) In the forest, a pair of leopards are said to have destroyed 50 watermelons in a field in one night.
B) While most of them are carnivores, a few are exceptions like eating giant pandas.
C) Carnivores are meat-eaters.
D) Crocodiles aren't the only carnivores to eat fruit, Jackals eat peanuts, dates and jamun.
E) The distinguishing character is not what they eat but the presence of claws, canines, and molars.
F) But the scientific classification of life forms includes an order of mammals called carnivora , a huge group of weasels, civets, dogs, cats, bears, mongooses and seals.
G) Brown palm civets live on a predominantly fruit diet, earning it the distinction of being one of the most frugivorous carnivores in the world, Frugivorous carnivore sounds like a contradiction.
1. Which of the following would be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
2. Which of the following would be the Last (SEVENTH) sentence after rearrangement?
3. Which of the following would be the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement?
4. Which of the following would be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
5. Which of the following would be the SIXTH sentence after rearrangement?
(1-5) D A G C F E B
SBI onlline model mock test paper-2016 practice set- 8 Reviewed by Mani Babu on 19:16:00 Rating: