Quant Quiz:: Practice Questions For SSC CGL CHSL Railway SBI IBPS Exams
1. Ram starts working on a job and works on it for 12 days and completes 40% of the work. To help him complete the work, he employs Ravi and together they work for another 12 days and the work gets complete How much more efficient is Ram than Ravi?
2. Two taps can fill a tank in 12 min and 18 min respectively. Both the taps are kept open for 2 min and then the tap that fills the tank in 12 min is turned off. In how many more minutes will the tank be filled?
3. Nani can produce one unit in 15 days, while Bharti can do the same in 12 days. After producing one unit, working together, they received Rs. 90, which they distributed amongst themselves in proportional to their efficiency. If they work for 20 days, and sell the produce, then Bharti should receive
A) Rs. 120
B) Rs. 140
C) Rs. 150
D) Rs. 160
4. Pavan builds an overhead tank in his house, which has three taps attached to it. While the first tap can fill the tank in 12 hours, the second one takes one and a half times more than the first one to fill it completely. A third tap is attached to the tank which empties it in 36 hours. Now one day, in order to fill the tank, Pavan opens the first tap and after two hours opens the second tap as well. However, at the end of the sixth hour, he realizes that the third tap has been kept open right from the beginning and promptly closes it. What will be the total time required to fill the tank?
A) 8 hours 48 minutes
B) 9 hours 12 minutes
C) 9 hours 36 minutes
D) 8 hours 30 minutes
5. 40% of the employees in a factory are workers. All the remaining employees are executives. The annual income of each worker is Rs. 390. The annual income of each executive is Rs. 420. What is the average annual income of all the employees in the factory together?
6. In a set of three numbers, the average of first two numbers is 2, the average of the last two numbers is 3, and the average of the first and the last numbers is 4. What is the average of three numbers?
7. A vendor sells 60 percent of apples he had and throws away 15 percent of the remainder. Next day he sells 50 percent of the remainder and throws away the rest. What percent of his apples does the vendor throw?
D) None of these
8. When processing flower-nectar into honeybees' extract, a considerable amount of water gets reduceD) How much flower-nectar must be processed to yield 1kg of honey, if nectar contains 50% water, and the honey obtained from this nectar contains 15% water?
A) 1.5 kgs
B) 1.7 kgs
C) 3.33 kgs
D) None of these
9. Ragini went to the stationers and bought things worth Rs. 25, out of which 30 paise went on sales tax on taxable purchases. If the tax rate was 6%, then what was the cost of the tax free items?
A) Rs. 15
B) Rs. 15.70
C) Rs. 19.70
D) Rs. 20
10. If the price of petrol increases by 25%, by how much must a user cut down his consumption so that his expenditure on petrol remains constant?
Answers with Explanations:
8. (B) Flower-nectar contains 50% of non-water part. In honey this non-water part constitutes 85% (100-15).
Therefore amount of flower-nectar needed = .85/.5*1= 1.7 kgs
Let the amount taxable purchases be Rs. x.
Then, 6% of x=30/100
Cost of tax free items = Rs. [25 - (5 + 0.30)] = Rs. 19.70
Therefore 0.5 X Amount of flower-nectar = 0.85 X Amount of honey = 0.85 X 1 kg
x=30/100*100/6 = 5
Quant Quiz:: Practice Questions For SSC CGL CHSL Railway SBI IBPS Exams Reviewed by Mani Babu on 14:01:00 Rating: