Polity Basic Questions For Railways, SSC CGL, SSC CPO And Other Competitive Exams
1.The Constituent Assembly of India held its first meeting on
2. The Constituent Assembly elected on 11.12.1946 as its Permanent Chairman
3. When was the Constituent Assembly established to form the Constitution?
4. How much time did the Constituent Assembly take to prepare the Constitution of India? ---
Ans: 02Years, 11Months, 18Days
5. Who had given the idea of a Constitution for India of all?
Ans: M. N. Roy
6. India has been described under Article 1 of the Constitution as a
Ans: Union of States
7. 26th November, 1949 is a significant day in our constitutional history because
Ans: The Constitution was adopted on this day
8. The Indian Constitution came into force on
9. The beginning word ‘WE’ in the Preamble refers to the
Ans: Citizens of India
10. The Preamble to the Constitution declares India as
Ans: Sovereign Socialist Secular Democratic Republic
11. The Preamble of Indian Constitution has been amended so far
Ans: Once (42nd Amendment, 1976) The words ‘Socialist Secular’ were added
12. The Preamble to the Indian Constitution is borrowed from the
Ans: Objective Resolution
13. Who proposed Preamble before the Drafting Committee of the Constitution?
Ans: Jawaharlal Nehru
14.The ‘Soul of the Constitution’?
Ans: Preamble (by Thakurdas Bhargav)
15. What is the chief (ultimate) source of political power (authority) in India?
Polity Basic Questions For Railways, SSC CGL, SSC CPO And Other Competitive Exams Reviewed by Arun Chowdary on 10:25:00 Rating: