Mock Test For SSC CGL - 2016 :: Practice Set - 8
1. The ages of Kranth and Krishna are in the ratio of 11 : 13 respectively. After 7 years the ratio of their ages will be 20 : 23. What is the difference in years between their ages?
(a) 4 years
(b) 7 years
(c) 6 years
(d) 5 years
2. The ratio between the ages of Ram and Raj is 4 : 5 and that between Raj and Anil is 5 : 6. If sum of the ages of three be 90 years. How old is Raj?
(a) 24 years
(b) 20 years
(c) 30 years
(d) 25 years
3. The age of father is three times the age of his son at present. Four years hence the ratio between the ages of father and son becomes 13 : 5 respectively. What is the present age of father?
(a) 48 years
(b) 42 years
(c) 52 years
(d) Cannot be determined
4. The sum of the present ages of a father and his son is 60 years. Six years ago, father's age was five times the age of the son. After 6 years, son's age will be
5. Ratio between Rahul and Deepak is 4:3, After 6 Years Rahul age will be 26 years. What is Deepak present age.
6. Of the six members of a panel sitting a row E is to the left of B, but on the right of A. F is on the right of B but is on the left of G who is to the left of C. Find the members sitting right in the middle.
(1) A E
(2) B F
(3) G C
(4) F G
7. Raju ranks 10th from the top and Ravi ranks 21st from the bottom. If there are 3 students between them, how many students are there in the class?
8. If you are 9th person in a queue starting from one end and 11th from another end, what is the number of persons in the queue?
9. Five students are sitting in a row. ‘T’ is on the right of ‘Z’. ‘M’ is on the left of ‘Z’ but is on the right of ‘L’. ‘T’ is on the left of ‘Q’. Who is sitting first from the left?
10. Arun ranks 17th in a class of 31 students. What is his rank from the last?
Meaning: If you describe something as nebulous, you mean that it is vague and not clearly defined or not easy to describe.
Example: Music is such a nebulous thin
Meaning: Wrath means the same as anger.
Example: He incurred the wrath of the authorities in speaking out against government injustices.
Meaning: If you abandon an activity or piece of work, you stop doing it before it is finished.
Example: The authorities have abandoned any attempt to distribute food.
Meaning: Someone who is bashful is shy and easily embarrassed.
Example: He seemed bashful and awkward.
Meaning: If someone has garnered something useful or valuable, they have gained it or collected it. Example: He has garnered extensive support for his proposals.
General Knowledge Question
1. The elements on the right side of the periodic table are?
D) Transition elements
2. Number of elements in the second period of the periodic table is?
3. A reverible and an irreversible engine are working between the same limts of temperature. The efficiency of?
A) The reversible engine is greater thant the irreversible engine
B) Each engine is 100%
C) The two engine are equal
D) The irreversible engine is greater than the reversible engine
4. The first law of thermodynamics is simply the case of?
A) The law of conversvation of energy
B) The law of heat exhange
C) Newton’s law of cooling
D) None of the Above
5. Where was the first session of indian national congress held?
6. Who was the founder of the indian association?
A) Dadabhai naoroji
B) Bal ganadahar tilak
D) Surendranath banerjee
7. The second session of indian national congress was president over by?
A) Ganesh agarkar
B) Surendranath banerjee
D) Pheroz shah mehta
8. The partition of bengal came into effect on?
A) 15th august, 1905
B) 15th september, 1905
C) 15th october, 1905
D) 15th november, 1905
9. The climate in the northeastern part of eastern europe is generally?
A) Warmer than the climate of western europe
B) Colder than the climate of the land to the north
C) Wetter than the climate of the lands bordering the mediterranean sea
D) Cooler and drier thant he climate of most countries on the balkan peninsula
10. the most important factors that affect climate around the world are?
A) Distance from the sea
B) Direction of prevailing winds
C) Proximity to the equator
D) All the above
Answers With Explanation
1. (c) Let the present ages of Kranth and Krishna be 11x and 13x years respectively,
According to the question, => (11x+7)/(13x+7)=20/23
=> 260x + 140 = 253x + 161 => 260x – 253x = 161 – 140
=> 7x = 21 => X = 21/7 = 3
Difference between their ages
= 13x – 11x = 2x = 2 * 3 = 6 years
2. (c) Ram : Mohan = 4 : 5
Mohan : Anil = 5 : 6
Ram : Mohan : Anil = 4 : 5 : 6
so Mohan’s age = 5/15 * 90 = 30 years
3. (a) Present age of son = x years then father’s present ages =3x years
According to the question
=> 15x + 20 = 13x + 52 = 2x = 32
So X = 16
So Present age of father = 3 * 16 = 48 years
Mock Test For SSC CGL - 2016 :: Practice Set - 8 Reviewed by Mani Babu on 18:30:00 Rating: