Daily GK Updates 30th April 2016 Current Affairs 2016
1. Which municipal council becomes first to have Digital-Locker?
Ans: Rahuri Nagar
2. Who has been appointed as director general of RPF?
Ans: Surendra Kumar Bhagat
RPF means Railway Protection Force
The Railway Protection Force (RPF) is a security force of India entrusted with protecting railway passengers, passenger area and railway property of the Indian Railways.
The strength of RPF is about 65,000. It is under the authority of Ministry of Railways (India).
3. Which city has been declared the smoke free city?
Ans: Kohima (Nagaland)
Nagaland State ranks the second highest in the country with 57% of Tobacco Users, where 28% of School children are tobacco chewers, 14% are smokers and 41% of children buy tobacco products for their parents, relatives and elders.
4. Who is the recipient of Nelson Mandela Award 2016?
Ans: Tabassum Abnan
Tabassum Adnan, a women's rights activist from Pakistan's has won the prestigious Nelson Mandela award, becoming the second woman from the restless region to gain international recognition after Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai.
5. wich state launched 100 piped water supply projects ?
Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik.
The project was inaugurated on the occasion of 'Utkal Gaurab Madhusudan Das’ anniversary. In rural areas all gram panchayats have been asked to spend 30 per cent of the panchayat funds towards piped water supply.
6. Railway Ministry decided to set up how many new Directorates?
The first Directorate will identify and prioritise train corridors for raising the speed of trains and the second Directorate will raise revenues by advertising along the tracks and at stations by radio, video, internet, Wi-Fi, mobile apps and interactive services.
7. Name the country which has signed the MoU with India in the field of Health Care and Medical Science?
Ans: Papua New Guinea (PNG)
8. Who is selected for Japan’s highest civilian honors?
Ans: N. K. Singh
N. K. Singh was also Principal Secretary to Prime Minister A.B. Vajpayee. He was also connected with International organizations like World Bank, IMF and UNDP.
9. Under which Scheme Centre approved Rs.9,005 Cr investment for affordable housing in 3 states?
Ans: Prime Minister’s Awas Yojana(PMAY)
EWS-Economically Weaker Section
10. Name the Bank which has signed the MoU with Saarc Development Fund?Ans: Small Industries Development Bank Of India (Sidbi)
Daily GK Updates 30th April 2016 Current Affairs 2016 Reviewed by Mani Babu on 17:26:00 Rating: