Daily GK updates 29th April 2016 Current Affairs
1. Name the petroleum company which has got the approval to invest RS.3,000 crore in BORL?
Ans: Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
Full From of BORL: Bharat Oman Refineries Limited.
2. Who has won the gold at 2016 Commonwealth Judo Championship?
Ans: Garima Chaudhary
The 2016 Commonwealth Judo Championship finals was held at Port Elizabeth in South Africa.
India will be hosting the 2018 Commonwealth Judo Championships in Jaipur.
3. Who is the Chairman of Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT)?
Ans: Permod Kohli
Retired Chief Justice of Sikkim High Court Justice Permod Kohli has been appointed as the Chairman of Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) for a period of 5 years.
4. Which state launched the app for assembly polls?
5. Who has been appointed to United Nations University Council?
Ans: Radha Kumar
6. Who has been appointed as Australia's Bowling coach?
Ans: Allan Donald (South Africa)
7. Which country is hosting the 2016 Heart of Asia – Istanbul Ministerial Process?
8. Which of the following Indian company has become the first to join a global energy productivity campaign “EP100”?
Ans: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
9. Which country has launched the sounding rocket?
10. V.T Thomas Died Recently. Who he was?
11. Which Bollywood of the following actress has bagged the best actress in an International Narrative Feature at the 2016 Tribeca Film Festival?
Ans: Radhika Apte
The Bollywood actress Radhika Apte has bagged the best actress in an International Narrative Feature for her performance in anthology film “Madly” at the 15th edition of Tribeca Film Festival 2016 in New York, United States.
She has become the first Indian actress to won the best actress award at Tribeca. The movie is directed by Anurag Kashyap.
12. Name the Indian who have conferred with the highest civilian award of Mongolia?
Ans: Lokesh Chandra and Mansura Haider
Some Important Updates 29th April 2016
Comcast, the parent company of Universal Pictures has announced that it is going to buy the DreamWorks Animation for $3.8 billion in cash. The deal will put Comcast in direct competition with Disney.
Giving highest priority to road safety, the government is planning to make it mandatory to set aside 1% of the total cost of any highway project for the purpose. This money will be used for road safety issues that include fixing accidental spots, installing cameras, lights and on other such issues.
First time in the history, a total of 84 page data has been released and put in the public domain, as the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has published direct tax related data including income disclosed in tax returns by various categories of tax player from 2000 to 2015.
Daily GK updates 29th April 2016 Current Affairs Reviewed by Mani Babu on 17:51:00 Rating: