Daily Gk Quiz 23rd April 2016 based on latest current affairs updates
1. International Day of the Book is observed on which date?
Ans: April 23
2. Union cabinet accorded the nod Indian Institute of Science Education and Research to function from a Temporary campus in which city of Andhra Pradesh?
IISER means Indian Institute of Science Education and Research
3. Who is the Chadian President?
Ans: Idriss Deby (5th time)
Chad Capital - N'Djamena
Chad Currency - Central African CFA franc
4. ISRO Scientists made world’s lightest material _______ to keep soldiers warm in Siachen.
Ans: ‘silica aerogel’ or ‘blue air’.
ISRO Chairman : A.S. Kiran Kumar
ISRO Headquarter : Bangaluru
5. Who is appointed as FTII Director?
Ans: Bhupendra Kainthola
FTII stands for Film and Television Institute of India.
Full from of DoPT Department of Personnel and Training.
6. How many members are nominated to the Rajya Sabha this year 2016 ?
Ans: SIX (Subramanian Swamy, MP Navjyot Singh Sidhu, Mary Kom, Narendra Jadhav, Swapan Dasgupta and Suresh Gopi).
7. How many countries sign Paris Climate Agreement?
8. Indian shooter ----------------finished sixth in the men's 50m pistol event in ISSF World Cup.
Ans: Jitu Rai
ISSF stands for lnternational Shooting Sport Federation.
ISSF Headquarters - Munich, Germany
ISSF President - Olegario Vazquez Rana
Some other current affairs update 23rd april 2016
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on May 1 will launch Rs. 8,000 crore scheme to provide 5 crore free LPG connections to Below Poverty Line (BPL) families using the money saved from 1.13 crore cooking gas users voluntarily giving up their subsidies.
The Government of India approved assistance of Rs 842.7 crore for Karnataka, Puducherry and Arunachal Pradesh, which have been affected by drought or floods.
the Union Road Transport and Highways Ministry has taken a decision to terminate three highway projects worth over Rs. 3,000 crore.
Union Road Transport and Highways Ministry - Nitin Gadkari
The Centre has decided to release 10,000 metric tonnes of pulses, mainly Tur and Urad, from buffer stock to ensure their availability at reasonable prices.
Daily Gk Quiz 23rd April 2016 based on latest current affairs updates Reviewed by Mani Babu on 16:42:00 Rating: