Geography Quiz For SSC CGL SSC CHSL And Railway Exams
|Geography Quiz For SSC CGL SSC CHSL And Railway Exams|
1. Which of the following is the highest plateau in the world?
A) Colorado plateau
B) Pamir plateau
C) Patagonia plateau
D) Potwar plateau
2. Why do fold mountains have enormous thickness of sedimentary rocks?
A) Due to deposition of sediments in a valley for millions of years
B) Due to accumlation of sediments in a geosyncline
C) The plains were folded into mountains
D) The sediments were folded into recumbent and nappe
3. Metamorphic rocks originate from?
A) Igneous rocks
B) Sedimentary rocks
C) Both igneous and sedimentary rocks
D) None of these
4. Folding is the result of?
A) Epeirogenetic force
B) Coriolis force
C) Orogenetic force
D) Exogenetic force
5. Continents have drifted apart because of?
A) Volcanic eruptions
B) Tectonic activities
C) Folding and faulting of rocks
D) All of the above
6. Moraines are formed in?
A) Glacial regions
B) Monsoon region
C) River deltas
D) Arid regions
7. Sandstone is metamorphosed to?
8. Widening of a river valley takes place due to?
B) Lateral erosion
D) Hydraulic action
9. Gorge or canyon is?
A) Step walled and has a V shaped cross section
B) Sleep walled and has a U shaped cross section
C) Broad walled and has cylindrical shape
D) Round walled and has cylindrical shape
10. Alluvial cone is?
A) It is a low cone of alluvial sands and gravels
B) It is a high conical form of alluvial sands and gravels
C) It is a cone of soft clay and silt
D) It is a cone of hard clay and silt
11. An area which has not been glaciated may show?
A) Hanging valleys
B) Corries and pyramidal peaks
D) V-shaped valleys
12. The profile of equilibrium refers to the?
A) Profile of a glaciated valley
B) Transverse profile of a graded stream
C) Longitudinal profile of a graded stream
D) Profile along the shoreline
13. Which one of the following sets indicates the aeolian process?
A) Corrosion, transportation, deposition
B) Nivation, down-cutting, solifluction
C) Corrosion, attrition, deflation
D) Ablatiobn, deposition, oxidation
14. The concept of ice age was first put forward by?
B) Jean de charpentier
C) James geike
D) De geer
15. Which one of the following is not a soil forming process?
Geography Quiz For SSC CGL SSC CHSL And Railway Exams Reviewed by Mani Babu on 13:17:00 Rating: