Geography Quiz For Railway and SSC All Exams
|Geography Quiz For Railway and SSC All Exams|
1. Which of the following is the highest plateau in the world?
A) Colorado plateau
B) Pamir plateau
C) Patagonia plateau
D) Potwar plateau
2. Why do Fold Mountains have enormous thickness of sedimentary rocks?
A) Due to deposition of sediments in a valley for millions of years
B) Due to accumulation of sediments in a geosynclines
C) The plains were folded into mountains
D) The sediments were folded into recumbent and napes
3. Metamorphic rocks originate from?
A) Igneous rocks
B) Sedimentary rocks
C) Both igneous and sedimentary rocks
D) None of these
4. Which type of lake is formed by volcanic activities?
B) Fresh water lake
C) Cladera lake
D) Karst lake
5. The area which is resistant to any massive structural transformation is called?
A) Rigid mass
B) Ancient landmass
C) Tectonic plate
D) Shield Economy Study Notes
6. The earth is at its maximum distance from the sun on?
A) January 30th
B) December 22nd
C) September 22nd
D) July 4th
7. One degree of the circumference of the earth measures (approx)?
A) 100 km
B) 111 km
D) 172 km
8. The name of saturn’s largest moon is?
9. The mean radius of the earth is?
A) 3200 km
B) 6400 km
C) 9600 km
D) 12800 km
10. The total surface area of earth is ?
A) 510 million sq.km
B) 610 million sq.km
C) 710 million sq.km
D) 810 million sq.km
Geography Quiz For Railway and SSC All Exams Reviewed by Mani Babu on 13:19:00 Rating: