RRB NTPC Exam - 2016 :: Practice Set 8
1. The presidential Government operates on the principle of …………….
A. Divison of powers between centre and states
B. Centralisation of Powers
C. Balance of Powers
D. Separation of Powers
2. Which Country accepted the policy of Dual Citizenship?
3. The Sliver coins of the Gupta period were known as……
A. Chandraguptha I
B. Chandraguptha II
4. Which sector of Indian Economy contributes largest to the Gross National Product?
A. Primary Sector
B. Secondary Sector
C. Tertiary sector
D. Public Sector
5. Where was the first Electricity supply introduced in India?
6. The Mean radius of the earth is…………….
A. 3200 km
B. 6400 km
C. 9600 km
D. 12800 km
7. A differnce of 1 degree in longitude at the Equator is equivalent to nearly………..
A. 101 km
B. 111 km
C. 121 km
D. 125 km
8. Biodiversity is reacher in:
A. Tropical regions
B. polar regions
C. temperture regions
9. Parasec is the unit of:
C. intensity of light
D. Magnetic Line
10. The tempertsture of the sun is measured with
A. platinum rersistance thermometer
C. gas thermometer
D. vapour pressure thermometer
11. Atomicity of phosphorus is …………..
12. Who isknown as father of Taxonomy…….
13. Malfunction of which organ causes diabetes?
14. The sum of the two digits of a two-digit number is 12 and the difference between the two-digits of the two-digit number is 6. What is the two-digit number?
D. Either 39 or 93
15. If an amount of Rs. 74, 336 is equally divided amongst 150 people, how much approximate amount would each person get?
A. Rs. 522
B. Rs. 485
C. Rs. 496
D. Rs. 488
16. Mr. Sarang invests 6% of his monthly salary i.e. Rs 2,100 on insurance policies. Also he invests 8% of his monthly salary on family mediclaim policies and another 9% of his salary on NSCs. What is the total annual amount invested by Mr. Sarang?
A. Rs 11,400
B. Rs 96,600
C. Rs 8,050
D. Rs 9,500
17. A trader sells 145 metre of cloth for Rs 12,325 at the proﬁt of Rs 10 per metre’ of cloth. What is the cost price of 1 metre of cloth?
A. Rs. 65
B. Rs. 75
C. Rs. 95
D. Rs 85
18. There are 7 dozen candles kept in a box. If there are 14 such boxes, how many candles are there in all the boxes together?
19. P and Q enter into a partnership investing Rs. 24000 and Rs. 32000 respectively. After 8 months, R also joins the business with capital of Rs. 30000. The share of R in a profit of Rs. 91200 after 2 years will be:
A. Rs. 20000
B. Rs. 28000
C. Rs. 36000
D. Rs. 24000
Directions (20-24) : Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions :
In a certain code language 'Flower gives good fragrance' is written as ' nu ru la ku', ' this bouquet contains eleven flowers' is written as ' tic la su ra da', ' everybody like fragrance of bouquet' is written as 'yi ku ra ro va', and 'everybody gives eleven roses' is written as ' nu da pa ro'.
20. What is the code for 'roses' ?
21. Which of the following may be the code for 'good fragrance from rose flowers'?
A. ru ju pa nu la
B. ru ku ju pa la
C. ro da ku la ju
D. Can't be determined
22. What is the code for 'likes' ?
D. Can't be determined
23. What does 'ku' stands for ?
24. Which of the following is the code for 'everybody likes flower of roses' ?
A. ro yi pa va la
B. yi ku ra nu la
C. la ku yi da pa
D. yi va pa ru ku
1. All locks are keys.
2. All keys are bats.
3. Some clocks are bats
I. Some bats are locks.
II. Some clocks are keys.
III. All keys are locked.
A. Only I and II follow
B. Only II and III follow
C. Only I follows
D. Only II follows
E. All of the follow
Answers With Explanation :
14. (D) Let the number be 10x + y
x + y = 12 and x – y = 6 =>x = 9 and y = 3 or, x =3 and y = 9
Hence the no. may be 93 or 39.
15. (C) The amount each would get = 74336/50
= Rs. 496 (App.)
16. (B) Total amount invested = 2100 * 23/6 = Rs. 8050
Annual investment =Rs. 8050*12 = 96,600
17. (B) Let the cost of 1 metre of cloth be Rs. x.
(x + 10) * 145 = 12325 =>145x + 1450 = 12325
x = (12325-1450)/145=Rs.75
18. (A) Total no. of candles = 14 * 7 * 12 = 1176
Ratio of profit P, Q and R = 24000 × 24 : 32000 × 24 : 30000 × 16 = 6 : 8 : 5
Share of R = 5/19 × 91200 = Rs. 24000
flower – la
fragrance – ku
eleven – da
everybody – ro
gives – nu
roses – pa
good – ru
bouquet – ra
contain – su, tic
of – yi, va
RRB NTPC Exam - 2016 :: Practice Set 8 Reviewed by Mani Babu on 14:30:00 Rating: