Mixed Quiz In Gk For SSC CGl, SSC CHSl And Railway Ntpc Exams
|Mixed Quiz In Gk For SSC CGl, SSC CHSl And Railway Ntpc Exams|
1. Which is the largest canal of the world ?
(A) Suez canal
(B) Panama canal
(C) Kra canal
(D) Bhakra canal
2. Which of the following are connected by Suez canal ?
(A) Red Sea and Dead Sea
(B) Red Sea and Arabian Sea
(C) Red Sea and Mediterranean Sea
(D) Red Sea and Black Sea
3. Which of the following ports is not situated at Pacific coast ?
(B) Los Angeles
(C) San Francisco
4. Which is the southern-most point of India ?
(C) Indira point
5. One fermimetre is equal to :
(A) 10–9 m
(B) 10–15 m
(C) 10–18 m
(D) 10–12 m
6. SI unit of luminious intensity is :
Answer : (C)
7. Parasec is the unit of :
(C) intensity of light
(D) magnetic line
8. One light year is approximately equal to :
(A) 1011 km
(B) 1015 m
(C) 1016 m
(D) 1016 km
9. The Chief Election Commissioner can be removed from his office:
(A) By the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court
(B) By the President
(C) On the basis of a resolution of the Cabinet
(D) On the basis of proved misbehaviour by 2/3rd majority of both Houses of Parliament
Answer : D
10. If the Speaker of the Lok Sabha intends to vacate his office before the expiry of his term, he sends his resignation to the:
(A) Chairman of the Rajya Sabha
(B) Leader of the House (Lok Sabha)
(C) Deputy Speaker of Lok Sabha
(D) President of India
11. In which case did the Supreme Court of India determine that the Parliament has power to make amendment in fundamental rights, but it cannot make any change in the basic structure of the Constitution ?
(A) Golak Nath case
(B) Keshavanand Bharati case
(C) Both (A) and (B)
(D) Neither (A) nor (B)
12. First woman judge to be appointed to Supreme Court was:
(A) Rani Jethmalani
(B) Anna George Malhotra
(C) M. Fathima Beevi
(D) Leila Seth
13. taraf in the bahmani kingdom signified
(B) lord grant
(C) transit tax
(D) gold coin
14. what is the meaning of Athavana?
(A) revenue department
(C) import tax
(D) trade tax
15. the founder of the bahmani kingdom was
(A) alauddin mujahid shah
(B) ahmed shah
(C) alauddin Bahaman shah
(D) tajuddin firoz shah
16. where is thefamous virupaksha temple located?
17. kabir was the disciple of
18. the historian abual fazl was killed by
(B) bairam khan
(C) uday singh
(D) bir singhdeo bundela
19. who was conferred the tittle of ‘gunaraj khan’?
(A) bipradas pipilai
(B) maladhar basu
(C) kavi jaydeva
(D) sri chaitanya
20. who was the sikh guru to be slaughtered by Aurangzeb?
(B) teg bahadur
(C) kavi jayadeve
(D) gobind singh
21. who was the mughal emperor to have lifted the jaziya on hindus?
22. Light years is unit of………….
B. Speed of light
23. Which of the following is a scalar quantity?
B. Electric Field
24. Earliest thermometer was developed by
25. Which colour of heat radiation represents the highest temperature?
A. Blood red
B. Dark chery
Mixed Quiz In Gk For SSC CGl, SSC CHSl And Railway Ntpc Exams Reviewed by Mani Babu on 19:52:00 Rating: