Quest For LIC AAO :: English Close Test
Direction (1-10): Acid attacks, especially on women, are an issue of increasing (1). In order to (2) with such attacks, a three pronged (3) is currently under formulation. The first is providing (4) punishment to perpetrators, not only as proportionate punishment for their (5) but also to (6) potential offenders. The second approach is to (7) attacks by regulating (8) to acids. The third is constructing a compensation scheme for victims.
The Indian Penal Code did not have specific provisions to criminalize and punish acid attacks (9) earlier this year. If a person is convicted for (10) acid on another, and thereby causing temporary or permanent damage or deformity, a minimum imprisonment of 10 years and a maximum of life imprisonment is now provided.
1. A) value B) welfare C) gossip D) concern E) happening
2. A) deal B) do away C) fight D) solve E) tussle
3. A) dimension B) solution C) discussion D) system E) approach
4. A) light B) stringent C) attractive D) compulsory E) serious
5. A) performance B) role C) work D) action E) job
6. A) defend B) differ C) deter D) determine E) dissociate
7. A) prevent B) facilitate C) debar D) examine E) oversee
8. A) approach B) concede C) knowledge D) access E) excess
9. A) by B) until C) up to D) before E) prior
10. A) supplying B) giving C) attacking D) bringing E) throwing
Note : All the answers in the RED color
Quest For LIC AAO :: English Close Test Reviewed by Mani Babu on 20:15:00 Rating: